Find
Notify
Tools

Just a few I got while on my honeymoon
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Harold R. Stephens
posted

Got back from my honeymoon this past weekend. Shot 5 pigs with my new wife driving me around and then doing a spot and stalk on the pigs. It was my new wife's idea to spend a week in south Texas on a friends 5000 acre ranch enjoying the quiet life. We made short day trips to a few places, but mainly just hung out around the ranch. I plan on keeping her for a very long time.

Founding member of the 7MM STW club

Member of the Texas Cull Hunters Association

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Does she have a sister?

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you're having a snorting-goodtime of a honeymoon!!! tu2 Congrats on your marriage, may y'all have a long life together.

Larry

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
I am so Jealous I had to take my wife to a tropical island for our honeymoon.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Humph!!!! I'm not on my honeymoon, but I'm in West Palm Beach -- and not hog hunting!!! I am however, jealous.

Congrats, and hang on to her--I think she's a keeper.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

one of us
posted Hide Post
Harold,

Congratulations, to both of you!

wave

Now ..... I hope the new Mrs. Stephens didn't get any blood on your camera while taking the Happy Snaps (Bye-the-Bye, nice Porker!) because that gave her a small respite from skinning that Hog - correct?

rotflmo

If she can handle a knife as good as driving, spotting & stalking then you've got a Real Keeper, Buddy!

Good Luck and many Happy Blessings!

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
She doesn't kill or skin them but cooks all our wild game as good as anyone.

Yea I am going to keep her. She thinks we should get a new gun every year. First gun she wanted to buy was a Kimber 45 acp.

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
First gun she wanted to buy was a Kimber 45 acp.

Priority setting is a sterling virtue!
Big Grin

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Congratulations sir.

Also on the hog, but obviously not as much.

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Let's see, suggests hunting trip for honeymoon, great wild game cook, insists on at least one new gun every year. Folks, we have a winner!!

Congrats to both of you!!

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
First of all I have to say that I think it is awesome that you were hunting hogs on your honeymoon! Secondly, congratulations to the both of you for getting married! Thirdly, congrats on the successful hunt! beer

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can she make biscuits?

Posts: 3808 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh yea! Scratch biscuits that melt in your mouth.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Harold--If she can make biscuits--guess she is a keeper.
Tell her my dad's recipe--great biscuits and very easy. Mix salt, buttermilk and SELF RISING Flour into a moist dough. Form biscuit by hand and place on a greased platter. Turn over so that top and bottom greased. Bake. If she tries it please give me feedback. My dad's were the world's best and I never get them quite like his.

Posts: 3808 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote