New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Hogs Live
 Login/Join

<gary_hall>
posted
Catching them with the dogs is the easy part, getting an agro struggling big boar back to and in the trailer can be bloody difficult and dangerous. (But great fun)

With me at the sharp end my mate Wayne in the middle and my son Matt at the blunt end we attempted to get the hog through the trapdoor.
Gary.

one of us
posted Hide Post
What do you do with them after?

Posts: 2299 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
<gary_hall>
posted
At times we catch them a live for the meat chiller (to cover fuel costs) so they have to be kept a live until we head home. Which is often after a few days. The hogs are tied when carried to the trailer, but untied prior to being placed in the trailer. (They stress to much if not untied)

Another one for the trailer. The other hogs are sometimes not to keen on new room mates.
Gary.

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Gary

It looks like grand sport to wresle with those piggies.
Keep em coming

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You get bit very often? I've had a couple of the boar here in western NC take a bite outa my leg during hog wrestling matches,,,never a larger one though and never a bad wound.

Posts: 376 | Location: Western, NC, USA | Registered: 29 April 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Great photos, Gary!

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hhmag
posted Hide Post
I definitely knoe what you mean! This is a buddy of mine and a 400+ hog just before the fight to get him into the cage. This bigun took everyone for a ride!

Posts: 395 | Location: Florida's Fabulous East Coast | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote