New
Find
Notify
Tools

700 lbs. plus hog
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Tonight on the outdoor channel some guy arrowed a hog that weighed 735#'s and measured 7feet 8inches from snout to tail. That is a serious tusker.The show is A-WAY OUTDOORS.I think that may put some creditibly into those 600#plus[heard-tell-of] tuskers.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I saw the same one and recorded it. That hog had just killed a smaller hog 100+ lbs and was about to start eating on it when the hunter walked up on him.

Nice!!

Posts: 35 | Location: BC | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I posted a pic of a 900 lbs hog on here awhile back. He was longer than 7 feet

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He shot it with a recurve from about 10 yards away. To close for comfort.

Posts: 51 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
That floppy eared monster looked pretty domestic to me, but what do I know? Either way, it's a bunch of pork!

I did find it interesting how he stomped that little feller (100# or so) into the mud.

Posts: 3293 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Did you say "floppy eared" DesertRam? Couldna been. It was a wild hog hunt. It said that right there on TV. Every thing on TV is true and real.

Posts: 498 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
You're right Walker, I musta been mistaken [Wink] . Surely that was a bona fide, gonna eat your nads if you so much as turn your head, mean ol' nasty 110% Russian boar. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the hunt, or "harvest" (I hate that term, a critter's not a green bean), I'm just commenting that perhaps things aren't as they seem on TV. What, not real? [Eek!] I guess it could happen...

Hell, I like to shoot wild pigs too, so I'm hardly one to criticize. I just have to wonder if there was more to it than portrayed on the tube. None of the pigs I've killed stood around waiting for you to poke an arrow in 'em. They see/hear/smell human and they're outa there!

Posts: 3293 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Ed could really talk too.

Posts: 498 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Walker:
Mr. Ed could really talk too.

Thank you! I keep telling folks that, but no one will listen. Them Palominos is smart.

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Walker:
Did you say "floppy eared" DesertRam? Couldna been. It was a wild hog hunt. It said that right there on TV. Every thing on TV is true and real.

Aren't you a Texas Ranger?

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Close Major, but I don't know how to fight.