Tools

knife
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
what is a good knife to use hunting hogs

one of us
posted Hide Post
Do a search in this section and the knife section - lots of info !!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I prefer a bowie knife with a thick blade and carbon steel. "THICK & HEAVY" is my motto with knives used for sticking boars because I usually put them through a beating and I want to make sure they hold up.

Cody Weiser

Posts: 72 | Location: Hallettsville, Texas | Registered: 23 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One of these http://personalsecurityzone.com/cgi-win/order/prodlist.....htm&ProductID=25605
I've been using the same one for over 30 years.

Posts: 498 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
The one I last used was a Muela bowie with a 8.5 inch blade. Relatively inexpensive, very sharp and holds a good edge.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Bill make a super work with his knife althoug i prefer cold tell recn scout ,trail master or tantos ,i like them because they are strong ,sharp,and the kraton grip is wonderful when you have your hands with blood ,Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote