New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dry Hole
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well, got to the hidey-hole at about 7:30, got settled in, and noticed the lights were dimmer than usual. 2 hours later and all I'd seen were two 'coons, and after another hour, I called it quits. Was a very cloudy day today, so the batteries might not have recharged, or since they've been going since May or so, perhaps I need new rechargeables. At any rate, walked over to the feeder pen and found one light pointed directly down, and another one directly up--dang cows!

Pulled the game cam card and when I reviewed dates/times I had 18 consecutive days w/o pigs. Then they started coming back 10 days ago, but generally from midnight to 2 a.m. That means next week I'll have a late night! I need to shoot these bad boys:

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

one of us
posted Hide Post
Went to the other place I just got permission to hunt yesterday evening--saw one jake as I sat down, and nothing else but cows and birds for the next 90 minutes--

one of us
posted Hide Post
This is getting old!!!! Went to the riverbottom last night since the wind was right, moon was 7/8ths full, and they've been plowing up the place. Well, I had a nice sit-and that's all. Saw two humongous 'coons and a giant skunk, but no pigs. However, the landowner OKed me putting a feeder in the bottom, so watch out.

Also went across the highway to the other spot to check the lights and swap the camera card. Pigs hadn't been there yet so I swapped cards and came on home. I reviewed the card and the pigs are coming about 4 days out of 5, but between 11 PM and 3 AM.