Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

California Pig Hunt
 Login/Join

posted
I want to go down to California for a pig hunt. I would like to use an outfitter and am looking for recommendations.
Thanks,

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, take a look at the post on this same subject about hunting with Tom Willoughby in King City. I have hunted with Tom several times and have always come away happy.

I also hear very good things about Roger Miller in Parkfield and Kyler Hammond, though I am not sure where he is located.

Take a look on the internet at a thing called Jesses Hunting Pages. That guy has EVERYTHING you might want to know about hog hunting in California.

Good luck when you come hunting, R F

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Roger Miller in Parkview. He has a cattle ranch and lots of pig on his acreage. Three of us hunted with him and we all got our pigs. The hunt was from Friday night to Sunday morning (the last guy got his pig on Sunday morning because he missed a couple of shots that he shoudn't have). What I liked is that they field dressed the pigs and put them into a walk-in refrigerator. He at our request called in a butcher from Paso Robles (the butcher was an extra fee paid directly to the butcher) and when we drove home my pig was all cut up, wrapped, butchered and frozen (it was put into a large walk-in freezer after butchering). When I got home all I had to do was put the wrapped pork into my freezer.

We saw pigs over 300 lbs but I specifically wanted one about 200 lbs which I got.

Roger Miller's Phone Number is:

Home (805) 463-2475 Office (805) 463-2316

There are lots of pigs on his ranch. He takes great pains to manage them and will not allow you to shoot a Sow with piglets or a nursing pig.

Posts: 257 | Location: Torrance, Ca | Registered: 02 July 2002Reply With Quote