New
Find
Notify
Tools

New hog hunting area
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I lucked into access to 40 or so acres of creek bottom just made raw looking by feral hogs. It has 8 horses on it and it is in an area where the average acerage is 40-100 acres, little farms and horse keeping properties. There are weapons restrictions IE: 22 centerfires and shotguns. I have 2 hog toys out and have already killed two pigs on it. I may even set up a pay hunting deal. I have seen some monster hog tracks out there and the guy that leases it to keep his horses there says he sometimes sees a pair of huge hogs when he feeds his horses, saying they come in to get the range cubes as soon as he leaves. This in the daytime. Can't wait to spend more time out there and every time I shoot a hog in the daytime I feel lucky.

Leftists are intellectually vacant, but there is no greater pleasure than tormenting the irrational.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice to have a place "all your own" isn't it? I have a couple of places plus a friend with a couple who "shares" with me.

Good luck, and enjoy it.

BTW, a 12-ga with #4 buck will lay 'em in the dirt, and a .22LR right between the eyes will do the same (out to about 30 yds).

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"