Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hogs in Florida
 Login/Join

posted
I just spent a week and a half in Orlando for a work conference, but I was able to travel a great deal around central Florida. The landscpe was so different from the high desert mountains that I'm used to, and it really grew on me. I'll be back next winter with work, and I'd really like to extend my stay for a few days to hunt hogs as I've never done it before. I've hunted nearly everything Utah has to offer for the past 25 years and I'd love to give this a try with my trusty 9.3x62. I'd like to bring my 10 year old son along to hunt as well - I'm just looking to have a fun experience, and shooting a meat pig is fine by me. Do any of you have any recommendations for any reputable operations that do this? Thanks in advance.

Posts: 16 | Location: The mountains of Utah | Registered: 16 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Florida Slam Outfitters has a good reputation. Havent hunted with them but have heard good things

Posts: 2940 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice. | Registered: 26 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Osceola Outfitters. Hoppy will take care of you.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flags:
Florida Slam Outfitters has a good reputation. Havent hunted with them but have heard good things

I have hunted a number of times with Florida Slam and can recommend them. They are a good outfit. That said, they are in the Pan Handle and not that close to Orlando. I have heard good things about Osceola Outfitters, though I have never hunted with them.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Okeechobee Outfitters, theyre closer to Orlando I think. Never been thier, but have heard good things.

Posts: 141 | Location: FL to WV | Registered: 06 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Heading to Chappys Outfitters on Sunday. I will give a report. Always a good time with Chappys.

Life Is For Service
DRSS

Posts: 254 | Location: South Florida | Registered: 26 August 2008Reply With Quote