Find
Notify
Tools

Leg injury
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted
I am posting this picture on behalf of Juan Pozzi.

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Ouch!!! I hope the piggy that did that is sausage now...

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Yikes, let's hear the details! Don't hold out on us!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's gonna be sore. It happened to me about 20 years ago though about 1/2 the severity of that one.

Posts: 499 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
“Ouch†I hope it doesn’t cause any problems after it heals with walking and climbing I enjoy reading his hog hunting adventures.

Would high top leather boots have stopped this from happening, or maybe not so deep? I have a friend that wants to go hog hunting so bad he can hardly wait I am going to show him the picture so he may be more carefull while hunting.

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I think Ouch! is an understatement. Eeker

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Dear friends knife hunting is a dangerous sport but the best way to take a hog as Baden Powell ,Capstick ,Meinertzhagen ,and Jeff Cooper said ,every year a lot of hunters are injured here some by the hogs ,some by the dos,another shot himself in the knee with a 454 casull ,and some with the knives and spears ,hunting wild boars requires to jump ,run and figth sometimes in muddy terrain ,Andre fall in the water while being charged by a boar but he recoverd and killed it ,he used leather trousers and boots ,this hunter was injured hunting coastal boars in the water .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just a scratch. Put some duct tape on that and keep hunting. thumb

Posts: 117 | Location: MONTANA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NBHunter
posted Hide Post
Make that about 8-10 times smaller and it looks like the side of my left hand my first night hog hunting in south Texas. I was hoping it would leave a nice scar but the damm hand is healing realy well. Looks like this guy will be blessed with a "story teller" though thumb

---------------------------------

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

Posts: 741 | Location: NB Canada | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
I have some scars produced by my dogos but never by a boar ,but i saw a lot of injures and i know the history of a farmer killed ...

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
NBHunter -- pick the scab, it'll scar! jumping

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's gonna leave a mark...!!!!!

Posts: 953 | Location: Florida | Registered: 17 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some more pictures of the injured hunter and the beast.

The hunter is NOT Juan Pozzi.

Cheers,

André

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
What a monster! Did anyone weigh it?

Semper Fidelis

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ja that is a nice boar.
The knife however is to small for a large boar like that. Gaucho knife with no guard.

André

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Yes most of the hunters here uses facones or gaucho knives ,i agree with Andre that this isnt adecuated you need a wide and safe knife .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
I'm sure there's a great story to go along with these pictures. Care to share? I'm sure everyone here would love to hear about it!

Semper Fidelis

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JefferyDenmark:
Ja that is a nice boar.
The knife however is to small for a large boar like that. Gaucho knife with no guard.

André

Good thing I got my Trailmaster. cheers

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
That looks rough. An M 14 with a fixed bayonet
is the best hog knife. Big Grin

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Charles

The Trailmaster will cut wide and deep. Big Grin
Now that you have a Trailmaster you know the feeling of how it handels. That knife is perfect for boar huntind and other camp and field chores.
Did you sharpen your knife? Mine is hair popping sharp.

Cheers,

André

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Charles

The Trailmaster will cut wide and deep. Big Grin
Now that you have a Trailmaster you know the feeling of how it handels. That knife is perfect for boar huntind and other camp and field chores.
Did you sharpen your knife? Mine is hair popping sharp.

Cheers,

André

It needs a little more work on the edge but it is getting there. I need to work on my techinque with the longer blades. Eeker

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Sorry I keep raising this, but would someone please tell the story behind the injury?! Andre? Juan? Anyone? Bueller? Come on, spill the beans!

Semper Fidelis

one of us
posted Hide Post
Juan is the only one on the forum that knows what happened.
I think that he is busy hunting with clients.

I am sure that we will get the story.

Cheers,

André

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
The hunt was for coastal pigs in a long gras areas the dogs were catahoulas and banddogs and dogo crosses the hunter was put down after he stabbed the boars last year there was a lot of accidents hunting boars in difficult terrains .Yes i was on safari and ill leave again tomorrow .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Yesterday i have been in the farm of a local weatherby nominee and he told me they have had a big problem with a big boar he injured dogs andcharged his son and clients in another farm the ph was injured and the stock of the shotgun destroyed my explanation is that in a lot of game farms they breed the boars and some farmers train their dogs with them so the boars los the fear for humas and know how to figth the dogs ,nevertheless i saw too a lot of accidents hunting wild boars .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Juan - there's a guy I know in Texas that caught a bunch of boars and turned them loose in a 200 acre pen and then would either run them with dogs or let people shoot them for money. These were all big boars with 3" or more of teeth and after a couple of years the numbers got out of control when they weren't killing very many of them.

The boars got very smart and very mean and killed many dogs that people would bring in there. They would also attack humans too. They would bunch up in groups of 10 or more and just snap their teeth like javelinas. Very intimidating to man or dog. He ended up killing all the old boars and restocked it but promised to never let the numbers get out of control like that again. Plus, they wouldn't run the hogs with dogs without killing them so they didn't grow old and smart again.

Posts: 470 | Location: Texas/NYC | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats going to cause a limp for a while. Ouch having been cut with various shrap objects over my many years. I know what it feels like and have the scars to prove it.

Chain saws are the worse they leave nice ragged cuts like this one. knifes are much better the cuts normaly are not so ragged. I finaley wised up and brought some chain saw chaps after the last one.

Talking about knifes I made a nice bowie styled kind of after my trailmaster only the blade is a bit wider and longer and it has a true cutting edge on the top for about 4 inchs. The blance point makes it a little front heviver for better choping strokes.

It is made out of a stainless wood chipper blade very tough steel. Takes a bit to get is sharp but it stays that way for a longer time then my trailer master.

Should make a a good hog knife if one would want to use it as such.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Ihave some scars product of my dogs not the hogs,but never intenionally,i use a recon scout cold steel ,but my firnd ANDRE uses a trail master please publish the photos.juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
With a 30-06 semi-auto I trust
(or a 12ga pump I trust even more)
AND a 10mm pistol I trust even more
AND a KaBar that has never failed...

I still wear a pair of Stihl Chainsaw pants
if I'm going where feral Pigs live.

I prefer any unnatural body openings to be made by a doctor under antiseptic conditions and I've seen a domestic relatively tame big Hog bite through a pair of heavy leather boots.

AllanD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
you guys need certifying!!!
Perfectly good firearms and you use knives!!!
Insanity is not dead it has just manifested itself in the boar hunters.
The truth is your just trying to cut down on meat damage

regards
griff

Posts: 1179 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
P dog shooter

Please post a picture of your knife. I would like to see it.
If I have to go BIG I would go for my Randall 12-11 H Smithsonian it is 11" lonf 2.25" wide and made from 3/8" stock.

The Trailmaster is a fast and large enough knife. and the double brass guard and kreton grip makes the knife very safe.

Here are some pictures from my boar hunt with Juan and some pictures of the Randall 12-11 H Smithsonian.

Cheers,

André

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, there's a reason they call knives like that "pig stickers"
But I'd still prefer about 6feet worth of handle on it....

AllanD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Here is the photo of a hunter injured by a hog that i was telling ,in the other post.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

Fair trade, I'd take the scar for that pig with a knife... super glue will patch it up and burn like demon piss

quote:
Originally posted by invader66:
That looks rough. An M 14 with a fixed bayonet
is the best hog knife. Big Grin

Jana says "Gene's right, he knows how to "knife" hunt pigs"

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote