New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brown Precision .375 H&H
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A few years ago, I was moving rifles around in my safe and saw my Brown Precision .375 H&H in the back corner. I have had this rifle for 20+ years and love the accuracy Brown Precision has built into their rifles. I decided that there was no reason I couldn't hog/coyote hunt with it. I put a Riton Optics 3 Tactix 1-8X24 because of their unique throw lever design. Never a worry about bolt handle interference with their unique design. So far it has taken 3 hogs and 1 coyote that instantly became 2 after impact from a 260 Gr Expansion tip projectile.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi...edr7iau2kfzl3xd&dl=0

Posts: 33 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 01 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
The 375 will certainly do it. I haven't hunted anything in the US with my 375 H&H except for ground squirrels.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12537 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
lol, was there any ground squirrel left? I once hit a 50-pounder in the forehead, and the bullet went all the way through, gutted him, and splayed him open ready for the spit.

Posts: 33 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 01 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not an H&H but my 375 Ruger is my go to hunting rifle. Fairly flat and hits hard! Many a pig, whitetail. coyote, and coon have met their end in front of it!

Posts: 700 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just before hunting seasons we would take Dad's FN .375 out and bust a few prairie dogs with it just to get back in practice with it and the other big bores.

Best target practice ever invented imo.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There was an article in a magazine I remember where the gentleman in Pennsylvania use a 375 H&H with cast bullets to shoot groundhogs. He was very successful and the rifle/bullet combination was very accurate.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 944 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote