New
Find
Notify
Tools

wtt a hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
hello fello hunters, ill cut right to the point i want to trade a canadian white tail/turkey hunt for a wild boar hunt in the southern states ie texas/fl/ab/ga

im also willing to trade services general machinist/labour work for a boar hunt i do have some guiding experience and i dont mind taking people out for boar and skinning there game im willing to put in the work for a fair trade.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
wanted to ask if any 1 might know but couldnt i come to texas and hunt boar on public lands and not require a guide.. because then i could just guide my self right into some boar im not interested in deer or turkey or exotics ect all i wanna hunt is some boar preferably with my long bow.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
you could.. go to the texas parks and wildlife website, and see about the publix lands hunting.. which has tons of restrictions etc etc.. texas, unlike all the other US states, doesn't have all that much public land, as it had to be purchased/donated rather than approriated.

chances of success are low, and you could legally, but IMPRACTICALLY, be in the deer woods with a deer rifle, and not expect to be hassled.. however, i think you have to have a full license to hunt public lands...

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39680 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yeah going to a ranch/privet property is the only way to roll in texas after a little bit of research... so im off to find the best deal on a hog hunt i can find

im not set on texas im also willing to try any of the other stats that have a soild hog population

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked to my son-in-law and he gave me the okay for you to hunt on his property if you wish. We could put some sour corn on the ground in advance to increase your chances. Nothing guaranteed, of course, but we do fairly well with the pigs.

We are not interested in hunting in Canada at this time. Oh, this would be an Arkansas hunt, by the way.

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
well larry i must thank you very much for this offer we should stay in touch and possibly after the holidays well smoke some bacon.

im not worried about a garanteed hunt just a chanse to hunt boars in a decent area is good enuff for me

can you hunt them at night as well in ark?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hogs are considered nusiance animals in Arkansas and they may be hunted day or night, no season, no bag limit, no license required. Most land owners just want them off their land and welcome hunters.

There are better places to hunt hogs and guided hunts are available here and in Texas which would most certainly get you an animal. I can not match that kind of success rate but what I do have is yours with the exception of my dogs and my wife. We have on occassion taken some nice hogs and a search of my post will show you some. Most of those were taken with dogs and I will throw in one of those hunts too if you're so inclined. If you can climb I can give you a decent chance of getting you within bow range of a pig or two.

All I want out of the deal is to meet a crazy Canadian who wants to kill a hog with a longbow. Sounds interesting to me.

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
well im defintly down for the experience im currently working twords my life long dream i got my trapper lic already but im gonna become a fully lic hunting guide up here in alberta and ontario and open up my owen hunting camps 1 day.

hunting with a long bow is a thrill as long as i get under 30 yards theres gonna be bacon...ps ill also use a cold steel spear if i can get close enuff i got both the boar spear and the samburu throwing spears.

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
I think I can get this done for you pm me and we will work something out

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
awsome will do as well ....heck maybe ill get ultra lucky and manage a full month in texas/ark on the ultimate bacon safarie between visting all of yall. lol awsome. i defintly need to film this.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hog hunt are cheap in Florida. Under $300 should get you a good hunt.

Life Is For Service
DRSS

Posts: 254 | Location: South Florida | Registered: 26 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
a hunt thats a min of 5-7 days long with unlimted pigs? only weponds ill bring are my long bow my spears and my muzzel loaders...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Arkansas offer sounds very nice, considering he said no license was required. If you hunt Texas, you will be required to buy a license. It may cost you well over $300 USD.
Best of luck.
Maybe one day I can ask you to guide my boys and I on an Alberta hunt. Was up there many years ago with a guide and hunted the Brazeau River area. We were licensed for moose, elk, and black bear.
I currently hunt a 200 acre place in East Texas.
Thanks,
Sr Technology Protection Engineer
US Army Research and Technology Protection Center
Supporting PEO Aviation
Redstone Arsenal, Alabama 35898

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/bu...public/recreational/

5 day lic is 48 $

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
trust me i got the money already set aside i wanna come down there it dosnt look like itll cost me much as ill fly with in the usa and by pass any canadian air taxes... round trip air fair is like 310$ plus alittle food,gas,ammo money and im gtg.

and ammo for the bow is set i have 4 dozen arrows fletched up and ready to roll

looks like to by some time in feb i may be moving to british columbia/alberta again and for good this time i sold my home here in ontario