New
Find
Notify
Tools

A two-fer
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Saturday afternoon a group of 7-8 hogs came out into a greenfield I was deer hunting. Two big sows dropped their heads and started eating the turnips. They were lined up just right so I sent a 165 Gr. Sierra BTHP out of a .308 through the neck of the first one and into the head of #2. First hog ran a small circle and fell, second one was dead on the spot. I did have to give #1 a finishing shot a few minutes later when she tried to get up. I didn't scale these but based on past weights i guessed them at about 240#. Sausage is in the works.

Posts: 206 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm really glad to read of someone using the neck/spine shot to anchor a hog. Mine drop and paddle.

Posts: 70 | Location: College Station TX | Registered: 06 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good shooting.

That's a lot of return for one shot.
Not to often done on "game" animals.

Any pictures?

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5949 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love a two-fer! Usually when I get greedy I end up with non. Good shooting.

Posts: 707 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I do have a picture, its not very good and I don't think I know how to post them.

Posts: 206 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote