one of us
posted Hide Post
Juan,
Thanks.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had guys sticking their first hog hit the shield because they were too far forward. You're right, it's impossible to penetrate with a knife. But when you hit them in the right place, the knife goes in like cutting warm butter.

Posts: 470 | Location: Texas/NYC | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
I want to make public my gratefulness to Juan Pozzi thumb... I went to his ranches for just a couple of days but nevertheless I was very pleased by all the hunting possibilities I was offered - in fact I enjoyed myself very much indeed !!

Juan is a great guy who did everything so as to make me feel more than comfortable ...... Regrettably, given the short lapse I spent with him (due to labor compromises I had – and still have !) , it was not possible for me to exercise the so - desired boar knife hunting (but we will do it shortly, Juan !!)... but nevertheless this scarce time was enough for me to realized I have met a very competent and responsible outfitter, guide, hunter and now friend !

Yes, I couldn´t hunt boars with knives as intended (I found it very difficult to resist the temptation of staying a couple of days more so as to be able to go after those big “tuskers†boars !) - but we did chased some cougars, hunted some foxes, did a lot of pidgeon shooting, hunted some wild cats, some Rheiformes Rheidae (local type of ostrich) and had a great time, indeed !!!

The strongest feeling I have as a result of this so grateful experience is .... that I want to return as soon as possible !!!

My greetings and respects to all his collaborators, mainly Marcos and Willy (top notches !!)

I am dealing with some trouble with the pictures taken by myself, but I think I can still say ...pictures coming soon !!!

Juan, I am maintaining my Yarara knife at its best conditions, looking forward for our next hunt ... so sharp that I think I can razor myself with it ... Choele choel soon ??? There it would also be very useful my Marlin 1895SS in 45/70 !!! As P H Capstick once said, in that place the “boars are so big that they eat sheep – or they eat sheep because they are so big !â€

Martin

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
thanks to you martin you advice in ballistics and you great culture in weapons animals ,hunting and soldiering is not common .We will hunt again soon i hope.juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
So do I strongly hope, my friend !!! beer Big Grin

Te mando un abrazo

[url="http://www.hunt101.com/?p=331214&c=500&z=1"] [/url]

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
Andre,
Nice Knife
I too thought the No1 would be the beter choice as the blade is not as wide, but I do like the strength of the full tang handle on the 14.
Juan I have killed pigs here in Texas [with a rifle] that had a very thick gristle shield.
It would be very difficult if not impossible to "stab" through one.
Do your pigs have them too? If so where do you stick them?

N E 450 No2

The Randall #14 attack is a nice strong construction.
Even better is the Randall #12-9 Bowie with a #14 grind. It is a #14 with a 9" blade.
A wide blade is better it will make a bigger wound and 9" is IMO the best size due to the fact that you can reach the hart from many different angels(side and from front).

The #14 grind is better then a normal bowie blade where the tip is not as strong as on the #14 with the drop point.

This is a #14 attack with a 7.5" blade and a #12-9 with a #14 grind with a 9" blade and commando handle.

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffery
You must have read my mind. I too had considered a 9 or 10 inch Mod 14.
Do you prefer the commando handle for a hog knife?

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
N E 450 No2

The commando is better then the Attack handle due to the fact that you will be stabing more then slashing.
The #1 handle is the best due to the drop of the handle vary good when stabing in a downward angle.
I have a 12-9 with a #14 grind and a stag handle that has the drop. I will post some pictures later this week.

This #1 handle is the right angel.
Knives are #1-8 and #5-8 stag handle. They both have double fighting guard. And 8" blades Big Grin for those of you that do not speak Randall. Big Grin

The 5-8 is also a fine knife.

PS These are not my knives.

Cheers,

André

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Andre look the web site pulish-met.com.ar we are testing and designing knives your advice will be useful.juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Juan

I like the knives.
Especialy the Force and the Daga.
What is the hole in the blade and the hook for?

Cheers,

André

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JefferyDenmark:
Juan

I like the knives.
Especialy the Force and the Daga.
What is the hole in the blade and the hook for?

Cheers,

André

Isn´t it the force a nice knife Cool ??
But the manufacturer accepted to make a new version of it (in my humble opinion an upgrade) that will have the same shape and form of this very same blade but a little longer (something around 1 1/2 , 2´more) and to change its guard for a safer one ...

The hook and the hole in the blade (for the models which have them, specially like the comando model) are supposed to work together in the same appliance, for example when using the knife as a saw in which case you can use the hook placed in the mentioned hole in such a way that the hook would be slightly stuck to the hole and thus allowing the user to use it as new and safe supporting point to help and correct the force and movements needed to apply to the knife when using it as a saw

Another use of the hook and hole in the blade is when, for circumstances that might deserve it, you should use it to hang yourself, in that case you can thread a wire (or any other element that resists the tension and friction this use would produce) through the knife along this hole in the blade (in these cases safety demands that the knife should be with its sheath placed, which possesses a hole that coincides with that of the blade), you then tie this wire to a rope and you already have an useful element to hang yourself (I was told that it tolerates up to 250 kilos of tension) - or using in that very condition "to fish" something that is faraway the reach of your hands .... like a cowboy but instaed of having a lace, you use a hook !!

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
i just returned from two days of hunting in a few hours ill be hunting again ,the daga its the best for me as a hog hunting knife i believe this knives are virtually indestructible but ill make all kind of tests to them specially hunting ,the handle is similar to kraton ,totally resistant to oil ,blood or another type of quimics ,ill advice drop point and a good handguard.juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA