Find
Notify
Tools

Knife hunting in Argentina
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
andre we found a big lagoon full of monsters hogs its called la verdecita and is full of capibaras and hogs we will take somehunters there next week ,they are from alaska so ill be out for a week.juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6369 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
andre i performed the colombian cut in 3 boars but with reverse grip its better and more powerful we will try it again

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6369 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can you guys explain the purpose of the Columbian Cut? I don't really see its usefulness unless you are tasked with killing a big pig with a small knife. Otherwise, I don't know of any faster method of killing a pig with a knife than through the heart.

Posts: 470 | Location: Texas/NYC | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
GREAT TRIP You make this old guy want to get back in shape. Great photos thanks to all for sharing.

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
thanks ,i have beeen hunting with a marine in delaware national forest and have some friends who are marines ,wonderful warriors .juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Rattlesnaker

When I use the knife for fighting or hunting I sometimes like to move around with it and cut multiple places.
I like to make many deadly wounds. This kind of training is good especially in a stressful situation like the night wild boar hunt.
Why I made the cut is hard to tell. I work with the animal and cut when I get a opening to a vital area.
I work with the movement of the animal and not against it. Follow the flow of the animal or opponent.

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andre

When you use the knife for fighting?? Wow!

Remind me not to mouth off the next time I happen to bump into you on the street.

Posts: 470 | Location: Texas/NYC | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rattlesnaker

I never used a knife in a fight.
I have however, on several occasions, fought against people with knifes.
I have taught knife and hand to hand combat.
If you want the details PM me and I will elaborate. Wink NO BS

Cheers,

André

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
jaeger i trained and train a lot of personall in cqb the duane dieter systems is one of the best ,spiritual,phylosophically ,unarmed and armed period.There are another trainers that i respect in knife like janichs,keating,vunak,caracci and others but i think the mind of a warrior is the most important .I think tom brown is a good trainer too .

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
here in argentina there are a huge number of trainers ,but i like very few one has the same system that dieter is willy iglesias his page is http://www.geviar.com there is his curriculum he trained since 7 years old ,his a 10 degree ofhatsumi ninjitsu,expert shooter trained in gunsite he dictates very good courses.juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
andre we just finished a safari with wildpork or steve ,he killed hundreds of doves ,pidgeons,hares foxes and 2 boars with knife ,we fished a lot too my son killed a boar with his 22lr small boar he invited you and me to hunt black bear with dogs CONSIDER THIS .juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
posted Hide Post
WOW that sounds interesting.
we will talk more on this via PM.

Cheers,

André

One of Us
Picture of wildpork
posted Hide Post
Andre',
That will be an incredible hunt. On horseback in the rockies with hounds!
We had a great time with Juan. By the way, how does your head feel? nut I heard you thumped it on the tailgate thumb

Posts: 106 | Location: the great northeast | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wildpork

Hunting in the Rockies has been a dream of mine in a long time. Smiler Horse back is the old school style and way to go thumb.
I look forward to talking more about this trip.

quote:
By the way, how does your head feel? I heard you thumped it on the tailgate

My head??? Well I was droped as a child so what ever happened in Argentina had no effect what so ever. Big Grin lol

I am happy that you had a great trip with Juan. Nice pictures that Willy posted in the "Rest of the world" section.

We will have a good time talking knives in the Rockies. How many schould I bring 2, 3, 4, 5 Big Grin clap

Cheers,

André

One of Us
Picture of wildpork
posted Hide Post
Andre' Juan and I were talking about hunting bears in the future with spears, I brought him a video with two hunts by a couple of guys that killed them with spears! I'm not sure if it was the wine or not but, we decided to try this method one day. First we will get Juan his first bear the conventional way though!

Posts: 106 | Location: the great northeast | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wildpork

Bear with spear sounds interesting. We are talking black bear here right ? NOT Brown Big Grin

Just the trip and camp life in the Rockies makes me dream. Did you see the movie "The Bear"

Cheers,

André

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
i saw the video of the black bear hunt with spear one of the hunters is a blackbelt in 4 different martial arts but i didnt like the spear i believe the cold steel spear steve brougth to me is better indeed one of the spears was broken during the hunt. NEXT TIME I INVITE ANDRE AND STEVE TO HUNT FREE IN EL CHACO TOTALLY FREE .JUAN

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
posted Hide Post
Juan Jæger

I would love to hunt in El Chaco with you and Steve.
A good knife that could be drawn fast would be good to have as back-up if the bear comes into close quarters or if the spear breaks Eeker

Cheers,

André

One of Us
Picture of wildpork
posted Hide Post
Andre'
The speed and agility of a black bear is unbelievable. A knife is NOT a good idea! It is like all the power of a russian boar with the agility of a cat eek2

one of us
posted Hide Post
A good 44 mag or .500 S&W will sort him out.

Cheers,

André

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
yes i think a good hangun can take the blackbear but im convinced after the video that i can kill one with a cold steel spear.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of wildpork
posted Hide Post
Juan, I believe your right about the spear and would be interested in doing that one day. I'm not sure but I think we would need to hunt in the same area the men on the video did for us to be allowed to hunt that way. I like the spears they had. All metal.

One of Us
Picture of wildpork
posted Hide Post
Andre', good choices. The outfitter will have his 44. I am considering my crossbow. Already checked and its legal in that state.
By the way in that area of the rockies 40% blacks and 60% color phase bears. Can you figure out what state?

One of Us
Picture of wildpork
posted Hide Post
Marcos (pictured with Andre') is a good person and a top rate guide, He definately added to the quality of the experience.

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Steve and Andre I JUST SAW THEW SPEARING VIDEO OF 2 BLACK BEARS WE CAN MAKE THE SAME BUT WITY HORSES AND THE BOARS HERE LIKE THE ENGLISH CAVALRY OFFICERS IN INDIA.JUAN

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
HORSES AND THE BOARS HERE LIKE THE ENGLISH CAVALRY OFFICERS IN INDIA.JUAN

I always have loved that era...

~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

Posts: 622 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
cane corso you are invited to hunt here ,afrikaner wants to try the hunt from horses too we will post reports on spearing hogs soon in going to hunt today this year we guided hundreds of hunters from all the worl in knife hunting most of them real warriors ,martial artists ,ex military,soldiers ,marines,a wonderful type of agressive and adventurous people next year is full of reserves too so thereis a lot of people like us cane corso.juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Andre next week we will be hunting with afrikaner we will test the assegai ,a yarara knife and the posibly the samburu ,what do you think of the samburu for hog hunting i believe its too narrow.juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Hey Juan !!!!

I am sharpening my yarara comando, my friend !!
And being my first knife hunt, I will also take my redhawk Big Grin

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
HI JAEGER I JUST SEND YOU AN E MAIL ,WITH THE PHOTO OF ANDRE WITH THE SPRINGBOK AND THE 338LAPUA MAGNUM ,I RETURNED FROM THE FIELDS WE KILLED A HOG A CAT SEVERAL HARES AND A FOXE.JUAN

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
I am happy to read that you are having a nice weekend, my friend !!!! Wink clap clap

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
HI JAEGER I JUST SEND YOU AN E MAIL ,WITH THE PHOTO OF ANDRE WITH THE SPRINGBOK AND THE 338LAPUA MAGNUM ,I RETURNED FROM THE FIELDS WE KILLED A HOG A CAT SEVERAL HARES AND A FOXE.JUAN

Juan --

You certainly live the good life my friend...

~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

Posts: 622 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Martin yesterday we killed 85 pidgeons,my son took 2 predators and we saw a lot of nandues we will be hunting with you there very soon .hasta la vista amigo

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
What the hell a yarará knife is?? bewildered

Hey guys, one of these days you will start killing pigs using martial arts....
roflmao

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
yarara is a local knife made for the special forces troops of 601 and 602 companys ,belive it or not masutatsu oyama the fouder of the kiokushin karate killed in demostrations bulls with one punch in the head .juan un abrazo lorenzo y espero conocerte pronto

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
posted Hide Post
Knife hunters,
Would a Randall model 14 7.5 inch or a Model 1 8 inch, be good for pig hunting?

http://www.randallknives.com

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
YES THEY ARE ADECUATE,BESIDES HAS THE SPECIAL FEELING OF HUNTING WITH A LEGEND,ITS NOT THE SAME TO KILL A DUMBO WITH A CHAEP RIFLE THAT WITH A HOLLAND AND HOLLAND EXPRESS.JUAN

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
posted Hide Post
N E 450 No2

Randall #14 attack is cool I say #1-8 is more my choice I love the #1-8.
I would not hunt with a smeller blade then 7" IMO.
You need to be able to hit the hart from both front and behind the schoulder. On big boars like they have in Argentina a smaller knife could be dangerouse.
When you hunt boar with knife you newer know what size of beast you will face....Be prepared and Always always use enough ...KNIFE thumb

I like 9"-10" blades the most.

Check out this #1-8 from the´50

Cheers,

André

one of us
posted Hide Post
Andre,
Nice Knife
I too thought the No1 would be the beter choice as the blade is not as wide, but I do like the strength of the full tang handle on the 14.
Juan I have killed pigs here in Texas [with a rifle] that had a very thick gristle shield.
It would be very difficult if not impossible to "stab" through one.
Do your pigs have them too? If so where do you stick them?

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
yes most of the adult wild boar have the shield ,but you stab behind the front leg,very easy or dangerous and difficult in the neck.juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA