New
Find
Notify
Tools

North Texas hunts
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'll be flying in from Alaska to visit my dad this June and he wants to hog hunt with me. He lives in Ft. Worth. Does anyone have experience with hogs in that area? He'll be hunting with a pistol and I'll have a pistol and bow. He's not in great physical shape so keep that in mind. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
You should be able to find something. How far do you want to drive?

Posts: 6259 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It would be nice to drive 2 hours or less. It's just a 1 or 2 day hunt for him. There should be a good number of places around Denton, Wichita Falls, Weatherford, etc.

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I think you could go any direction and find some. I don't know anyone in a 2 hr circle that does Hog hunts.

Posts: 6259 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I took my two brothers on a hog hunt at Stasney's Cook Ranch. We took a #225 with a 400/360, a #205 with a muzzleloader and a #165 with a 45-70 model 1886.

Great Hunt, great people! I will do it again.

It is in Albany TX and took about 2 hours to get there.

Jim

Posts: 134 | Location: dallas,tx | Registered: 29 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of verhoositz
posted Hide Post
Contact Willie at www.texasoutdoororganizers.com and see what he has available. He had a super deal earlier just south of Dallas near Corsicana in the Trinity River bottoms about 6 weeks ago. Tell him that Ron from Lake Texoma sent you. I see if I can find his ph# at the office in San Antonio if you need it
Ron

Posts: 260 | Location: On the Red River in North Texas | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I tried that link but it didn't work for me.

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Yukon, try these:
too@outdoorstexas.com
or
www.outdoorstexas.com
or
210-215-3877

Just in case they ask you about Tuna fishing, just tell them you are interested in feral hogs.

verhoozits, hmmm, very interesting !!!

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
The Cook Ranch has a website at www.stasney.com. There is also the Nail Ranch. There are some other operations either closer in or to the east that are smaller and may be fenced. I know someone trying one in May that is fairly reasonable, but I have heard no direct reports yet.

Edited: Here is the place that I mentioned someone was trying in May:

http://www.texaswildhoghunting.com/

I have no idea what it is like.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Here is a post I made earlier on another thread:

quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
This is one place I have heard about -- hopefully someone who has hunted there will post:

Buck n' Boar Outfitters

I have read some positive reports of this place in the past, although it would be much better to hear some current reports:

North Texas Outfitters

If it were me, I would try a low-fenced hunt on a place like the Nail Ranch, Stasney's Cook Ranch, or the Pitchfork Ranch with Mesquite Country Outfitters.

There are lots of other places to hunt hogs in Texas, including a number in South Texas. They do guided hunts next to the ranch I hunt on, but there would be no guarantee that you would get a 200 pound boar. I have seen some in that size but the typical ones I have seen are smaller.

Make sure you understand the size of the place and the method of hunting and get some good current references. Then have a great time and post some pictures.

This is Roland1's report from the place he decided to go.

Good luck with the hunt! beer

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
One more -- I do not know if he hunts hogs in June, but Wendell Reich, who posted earlier, does some hog hunts on his place.

He posted a few pictures in this thread.