New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mexico pig hunting
 Login/Join

posted
Hi Every one

I'm going to New Mexico to visit family and are thinking about trying to hunt. Is there any possibility for a swede to hunt pigs in New Mexico and if there is how should I proceed.

Hoping for a positive reply
Mike

Posts: 15 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 29 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Hey HQ6, unfortunately there are very few opportunities to hunt hogs here in New Mexico. I've lived here most of my life and have yet to see one despite actively looking for them in several locations. I've heard rumors of a couple wild populations, but have yet to stumble onto them. Unless you have a very long vacation planned, and want to spend a lot of time driving, you're probably not going to hunt hogs.

When is your vacation planned? There are some hunting opportunities that you can pursue, depending on your planned stay. Deer (in some areas), bear, turkey, small game, and predators are open game at various times of the year. Drop me an email at dtwiebe@yahoo.com if you'd like to chat more about hunting in NM. I'd be happy to answer any questions (if I know the answer), provide what input I can, or even take you out coyote calling if you're in the area.

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote