THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HOG HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hogs, Warthogs, Wild Boars, Javelinas Hunting    Not exactly a conventional shooting position, but...

Moderators: Whitworth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not exactly a conventional shooting position, but...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fc4_1260308265

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
okay.. all i can say is WOW.. and glad i wasn't involved

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38569 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
Eeker

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6836 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
You don't see that every day.

One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
That is the definition of oh Sh*t

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sure ventilated that boar's head in a good way. I'd have stuck the gun barrel in the ground and tried to climb to the top!

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
I'm just glad that the boar didn't stop between the shooter and the camera guy. Could have made for a bad bad bad situation...

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kamo Gari--you are dead right. I posted a video some time back of some guys walking across a hillside when a boar came at them--one guy pulled his sidearm and started banging away, never mind the guy who had fallen and rolled part-way down the hill--with the hog between them. I'll see if I can find it again--always time for a good safety lesson.

Found it--here 'tis:

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would have been a perfect shot with a hand cannon...454. Nice shooting under pressure however! I would like to know more abouot this "hunt" though. Was this guy waiting for the boar to come out of the brush, being driven by dogs. Or did this boar run when the cage door was opened? The boar seemed to have had ample opportunity to run the guy into the ground yet went left instead.??

Andy

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is the hunter using a shotgun or O/U rifle?

Those sure look like dogs behind the hunter. My guess is a "driven hunt"...probably more excitement than the hunter expected beer

DRSS &
Bolt Action Trash

Posts: 860 | Location: Arizona + Just as far as memory reaches | Registered: 04 February 2007Reply With Quote