Find
Notify
Tools

Re: For Canuck and jeffeosso
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Canuck,

That rifle started it's career in 1907, and NO I am not nearly that old! I doubt if anyone on this forum is old enough to have begun their hunting career when that rifle did. My first elk rifle was older though, it started life in 1897 and was a bolt action magazine repeater. Oh yeah, it ain't from Michigan either, you gotta go a tad more south.

Quote:

I was hoping for a pic of something else turned inside out by a 500 AHR.

No point, as the 300 Win mag is better, and cheaper to feed to boot! At least that is what everyone here at AR has been telling me. It isn't like I have actually shot anything; therefore, I must rely upon their much vaster knowledge/experience.

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
I was hoping for a pic of something else turned inside out by a 500 AHR. Beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Since you don't appear to be all that old, and since I don't believe there are a lot of hogs in Michigan (although how would I know, I am not much of a hog afficionado), is it safe to assume that this rifle must've been used to whack a bunch of piggies by someone other than yourself? A Grandpappy or something?

Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote