New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new scope!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Jim Carmichel was getting rid of some of Mike Walker"s personal shooting items at the Super Shoot last week. I was able to get Mike's custom shop built Remington internally adjustable scope. Should have it in my hands by week's end. I was able to buy 3 externally adjustable scopes from Jim Stekl a year or 2 ago. One of them will go great on my 40X custom. I will post photos when it is in hand.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Butch,
collecting scopes is a great hobby IMHO. They don't take up much room and there are so many more ways you can look at them than with, say, stamps.

What brand is Mike Walker's scope and about what year was it made?

Posts: 5095 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a Remington scope made in the custom shop. I think they were made around 1970. I believe it is a 24X.

Below are the Remington 20X and 24X custom shop scopes that I got from Jim Stekl. Jim was the father of the XP100 when he was with Remington.

These were the first custom shop scopes made in 1969-1970. They initially used Unertl scope rings and then used their own. They were different than the Unertls as the Remingtons mounted on the receiver, rather than the barrel. They are pretty rare. The internal adjustable scope were an even more rare bird.
I will post a photo when I pick it up. Wade Hull from Shilen picked it up for me, I will have to drive to Ennis to pick it up.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are really a nice find !

Just an " FYI ":
FS Target Scope Return Spring Assemblies, Lyman, Unertl, Fecker etc.
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/...d.php?do=ad&id=67374

I picked up a couple..very good quality!

Posts: 432 | Location: California | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I need a reticule replaced in one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
".... We repair all brands of scopes foreign and domestic. we can be contacted at lkscoperepair@hughes.net. Or our website at www.lkscoperepair.com
Larry over 36 years fixing scopes ".

http://forums.accuratereloadin...1421043/m/7921092891

Posts: 432 | Location: California | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine has a little aluminum cell that the crosshairs fit. I would only send the cell.

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Thanks Butch,
Yes, reading your post again, I see you did say they were made by Remington. Nick Stroebel mentioned them as being rare and worth $700-$1000, before the GFC.

Posts: 5095 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
congrats butch - i for one value anything of mikes highly. he was the superman of our sport

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
congrats butch - i for one value anything of mikes highly. he was the superman of our sport

Thanks,
Kobe said take any thing that you said lightly. I need to check, but understand only 3 of the internals were produced.