Find
Notify
Tools

unertl scope repair
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted
Does anyone know where I can get the crosshairs replaced on a unertl scope?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've sent several to " Parsons Scope Service "
http://www.parsonsscopeservice.com

tu2

Posts: 432 | Location: California | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
I started out with a google search. Called Iron Sight. They have two phone #'s. Called the 1st one, message said to call the 2nd one. Left message on 2nd number. No reply so far. Called Parsons. That are shutdown for the time being

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ive read positive review of the below, but haven't personally done any business with them.

http://www.scopedot.com/id6.html

"We do not do scope repairs unless it is reticle related!"

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I thought I posted yesterday regarding Iron Sight Inc but see no sign of it now.

They apparently refurbished a Nickel scope for $100 before I bought it. That was pretty cheap, I think, and the scope seems to be in good condition now.

Posts: 5095 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
I got tried of trying to find someone to work on them so I bought some .0015 wire and done it myself. Quite a challange, but I got it done. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I hope you did it in a dry atmosphere. Were I to pull a scope to bits, I'd do it in front of an air conditioner. I've seen the humidity drop from 70 to 40 per cent in maybe five minutes there.

Posts: 5095 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking Parsons closed the doors. Ironsight quoted me a year lead time on cross hairs. Joe Ruth in Florida did mine in short order.
wjruth@verizon.net

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
It's nor hard to repair them once you get used to working with the wire. I used .0015 dia. I think the .0005 dia. might be a lot harder to do.

posted Hide Post
cross hairs on a target scope are not bad to do with medium wire.00005. But the cross hairs in them is normally fine and much harder to do. we repair all brands of scopes foreign and domestic. we can be contacted at lkscoperepair@hughes.net. Or our website at www. lkscoperepair.com
Larry
over 36 years fixing scopes

Posts: 5 | Location: Eldridge, Mo | Registered: 31 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkscoperepair:
cross hairs on a target scope are not bad to do with medium wire.00005. But the cross hairs in them is normally fine and much harder to do. we repair all brands of scopes foreign and domestic. we can be contacted at lkscoperepair@hughes.net. Or our website at www.lkscoperepair.com
Larry
over 36 years fixing scopes

I've had a few scopes cleaned & repaired by "lkscoperepair ". I'll be sending a few more tu2

Hmmm.. PARSONS ??

fishing