THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    When Did Weaver Build 3x9 Scope with Parallax Adjustment?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When Did Weaver Build 3x9 Scope with Parallax Adjustment?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Picked up a Weaver 3x9 scope recently at a gun show. It has a parallax adjustment ring on the front objective. I've never seen one with that feature before. When did Weaver make these?

Thanks.

one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Remington40x:
Picked up a Weaver 3x9 scope recently at a gun show. It has a parallax adjustment ring on the front objective. I've never seen one with that feature before. When did Weaver make these?

Thanks.

I've been using one since the late 70s. Those scopes were part of their Steel Lite series. The tube was steel. The optics are not in the same class as Leopold and Redfield of the same era.
I mounted it on a Mark X 25-06 and there it stayed.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My very first rifle was a 243 700 Rem. that I was "allowed" to buy when I was a 7th grader in 1971 and that is the scope that my gun dealer put on it. Both new in the box. At some point the adjustment ring for the power just froze at 7 power where I guess I never moved it. It had the parallax adjustment on the obj. bell also. Still a good scope, I've just moved on I guess.

It also was a heavy scope, but at 14 and NIB who cared!!!

Back at your question. I don't think mine was the first sold by my dealer, so I would guess at least 1970 or a bit earlier. Maybe someone else can push them back farther.

Hope you like your scope, J

Posts: 217 | Location: SW of Dodge City | Registered: 18 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
I've seen two vertions of this scope one all steel and one with a plastic ring for the paralax adjustment.
They did'nt have the best glass but were stout. I had one till just recentl when I gave it to my brother in law. He still has it. My only problem with it was the fine wire reticle but back then thats what all American scopes had.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote