Notify
Tools

Detachable mount with extension ring?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Redlander
posted
Help?!

I am looking for a detachable scope mount system that has an extension front ring so that I can mount a variable scope a bit further back. These would be going on Win 70s in 30-06 and 375 H&H. The only ones I've been able to locate are EAW and they are somewhat spendy. Eeker

Any suggestions would be helpful; however, I've got the length of pull about as short as I can go at 13 3/8th".

Thanks much.

If you are going to carry a big stick, you've got to whack someone with it at least every once in while.

Posts: 842 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 23 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I commonly need extension rings with the 30mm scopes I prefer.

The Leupold QR system is the best I've found for the money.

They come in 1" and 30mm diameter, and low, standard, high, and "Super High" sizes (with extension). The Super High 30mm are the hard ones to find.

Garrett

Posts: 987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Weaver makes an excellent extension ring.

Weaver

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Besides being ugly to some, why not just get a rail so you can mount the rings wherever you want and not compromise strength? What's more important--function or....?

Posts: 920 | Location: Mukilteo, WA | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redlander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N. Garrett:

They come in 1" and 30mm diameter, and low, standard, high, and "Super High" sizes (with extension). The Super High 30mm are the hard ones to find.

Garrett

I have the Leupold QRs on the rifles now but I haven't seen the extension rings. Does anyone know of a source?

If you are going to carry a big stick, you've got to whack someone with it at least every once in while.

Posts: 842 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 23 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redlander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redlander:
quote:
Originally posted by N. Garrett:

Garrett

I have the Leupold QRs on the rifles now but I haven't seen the extension rings. Does anyone know of a source?

Well, I found them but only in Medium and High. Does anyone know if they are offered in Low, and where I might find those?

Thanks again.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Call Customer Service at Leupold and they can tell you who is currently stocking them.

Brownell's always has some.

Graf and Sons usually as some.

The medium and high are almost always available.
The low and Super High are tough to find.

Garrett

Posts: 987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote