Notify
Tools

Changing reticles in a S&B scope?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
Hi,
I have a variable Schmidt & Bender with german N°1 reticle, I will like to change it for a N° 4 reticle or similar. Who in the States would do it? Anyone knows an email from S&B in the States??
Thanks
L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why not send it to S&B in Germany?
They will change the recticle and completely proof the scope for you at a modest charge!

Posts: 223 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: 16 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks !!
Just in case I send an email to their web page in the States.
L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Premier Reticles:

http://www.premierreticles.com/

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo,

I have done the same quite often, changing recticles, especially from S&B's #1's to their #4's. I simply downloaded their PDF File from their Website with currently available recticles on it and wrote "change recticle X to X", stapled a business card to it, packaged it up and sent it to them.

I've always had the work done by S&B themselves and the charge was about €uro 80,-. Luckily for me the factory isn't far from where I live so the logistics are dead easy for me.

S&B's service is excellent but the logistics involved from Uraguay to Germany & return are gonna be complicated, especially involving German Customs who has a very stiff penalty for any optical item entering their turf. Explaining that you are returning an item for service could result in the scope entering a "Black Hole" - just my $0.02 worth.

Take a look at S&B's website to see if they have someone in South America who services their wares would be my suggestion; if not, then Rick 0311's suggestion may be your best bet since he knows his way around optics, especially in North America.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks!! thumb
L