Find
Notify
Tools

Best value for a Varmint Scope for under $250
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of AI22-250
posted
My last scope was a Leupold 6.5-20x50mm LRT Varmint Reticle. That was about the limit for my budget, it's a great scope, love it.... however.....

This time I'm on a very limited budget, about $250.... Just a little less than last time, huh. I have purchased a Bushnell 5-15x50 3200, It's not a bad scope, I've got it on a 22-250AI, does a nice job. However, it's about a hundred over my budget again....

Any idea's? mid range -- say in the 3.5-10x40 to 5-15x50 AO of some kind......

Thanks,

I didn't proof this very well did I?

"Any society that will give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
-Ben Franklin

Posts: 289 | Location: Holladay,UT (SLC) | Registered: 01 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Optic Zone has Bushnell 3200 5-15x40 for $259.

Posts: 2392 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
The Nikon BuckMasters 4.5-14x40 is a terrific scope for the money and fits into your budget. Try www.theopticzone for the best prices on Nikons.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HiWall
posted Hide Post
I agree with Bobby on the Nikon. I have one on my Sendero .25/06 and it is a bloody good scope. Worth every cent and more. The Optic Zone are great to deal with.

Posts: 323 | Location: Back Home in Aus. | Registered: 24 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would have to agree about the Nikon. The Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 is a great scope and within your budget. The optics are very nice for the money and they are tough to beat in their price range.

Posts: 750 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You should also take a look @ the Pentax Pioneer line of scopes. They have a 4.5-14x42 that you would enjoy. Also for a bit less money Pentax just released the Gameseeker line.
Take a look at what they offer.
http://www.pentaxlightseeker.com/products/scopes/

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3648 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cheaptrick
posted Hide Post
Nikon Buckmaster here too.
Burris FFII is a good alternative optics wise, and may offer a few more reticle options.

Regards.

cheaptrick.....out!!

Posts: 238 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I bought 2 Nikon BMs 6-18x40 sf and I am truely amazed at their quality, repeatability, ruggedness, and great clarity. I just don't know what else I can say about them. I've owned 4 Nikon BMs (3x9x40, 4.5-14x40, 2- 6-18x40s) and I can honestly say after using many scopes that cost more or the same cost the are the BEST value in optics on the market period.

I have one of the 6-18s sitting on a 300 win mag HB rifle and the other sitting on a 22-250 HB, both are great and the clarity is good enough for my eyes to see little bullet holes at 200+ yards.

If you decide you want another 3200 elite, I have a 3-12x40AO that has only been used for range work a few times and has only been mounted in one set of rings which shouldn't show any marks I will let go. Just shoot me a pm if interested.

Have a Good One

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AI22-250
posted Hide Post
Thanks, It seems as if most of you like the Nikon scopes in this price range. I've checked on a few web sites and will stop by the local Sportsmans Warehouse and see what they have, don't worry I won't pay their prices.....

Thanks, Again
Mike

"Any society that will give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
-Ben Franklin

Posts: 289 | Location: Holladay,UT (SLC) | Registered: 01 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Jackoviak:
I would have to agree about the Nikon. The Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 is a great scope and within your budget. The optics are very nice for the money and they are tough to beat in their price range.

I have one of these on a 300 Weatherby. Excellent scope.

ZM

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote