New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pentax DCF ED 10x50 Binocular
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Strongly considering the purchase of this binocular in hopes that the quality is proportionate with the cost of this optic. I noticed however in the specefications that not much is said about it being compatible for eyeglass wearer of which I am one.Was wondering if someone out there owned a pair and could comment on this? Any other quality remarks good or bad would be helpful as well in making up my mind.Most Appreaciated.

Posts: 135 | Location: N.D | Registered: 17 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bearbasin.com lists the specs for the binoculars they carry. If I recall correctly, these and the SP version both have 22mm of eye relief.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very good glass. No problem with spectacles.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 932 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PATRIOT76
posted Hide Post
meopta in this price range all day long

Posts: 442 | Location: usa | Registered: 24 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How about a Vortex Razor?

Posts: 135 | Location: N.D | Registered: 17 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pancho:
Very good glass. No problem with spectacles.

I second it. It'll be hard to wipe the smile off your face when you compare it to the others.

life member NRA (Endowment)
member Arizona Big Horn Sheep Society
member Arizona Antelope Foundation
member Arizona Wildlife Foundation

Posts: 146 | Location: Oracle, Az. | Registered: 01 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Esldude
posted Hide Post
Optics are quality you expect for price, and maybe then some. I have some with glasses and eye relief is fine. Field of view is a bit narrow than competitors, but the longer eye relief somewhat goes with that.

Posts: 852 | Location: USA | Registered: 01 September 2002Reply With Quote