Notify
Tools

Alternatives to Leupold VX II 1-4
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gents,
I will appreciate help here.
For a close range DG rifle, I will change my scope.

best I can find,(or only) is the Leupold Vari X II 1-4 X 20mm.Because of Leupold price fixing all dealers offer it fpr 300$. Kind of steep for a low power scope?

Are there alternatives that withstand a high power rifle recoil?

Also I see a VX II 1-4 advertised as a shotgun scope, is that the same as for rifles?

thnx

Posts: 795 | Location: CA,,the promised land | Registered: 05 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Over the last few years I've picked up two like new Leupolds VX-III 1.5-5X 20mm and one VX III 1.75-6X 32mm. I have no qualms about used Leupolds. I got them all for about 55% of retail. I could have bought several for 70% of retail but I held out. Deals happen.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sheephunter,

I have bought from a dealer on ebay, texledge32, who owns a gunshop in Texas. Watch his auctions and you can generally by NIB Leupolds for $70-$100 less than the Leupold internet price-fix price if you take your time. I can attest from experience that his advertised NIB scopes are just that, new in box still sealed in plastic. Might be an option if your're not in a hurry.

Andy

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks
you are thinking the same way - I shall be patient

Posts: 795 | Location: CA,,the promised land | Registered: 05 November 2001Reply With Quote