Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

leupold rings
 Login/Join

posted
I have a remingtion VTR that I just put a new Nikon Monarch 4-16 on; or tried to put on. The bolt is not clearing the eyepiece on the scope with the rings I have so I need new ones. The problem is that I am not sure if I currently have low rings or medium rings. Can anyone tell me how high low rings are or medium rings so I can order the right ones. It seems from looking at the height of rings listed, the give from the base to center of scope. I would like to know height from base to bottom of scope.

Thanks for the help.

Posts: 11 | Location: Ekalaka, MT | Registered: 14 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it is a one inch tube, subtract 1/2" (.500) from the spec and this should give a good idea.

If it is a 30m scope subtract a bit more, say 17/32" (.5312) or 9/16" (.5938). I am not up on metric to fractional equivalents. I believe a half inch is 12.5mm or there abouts.

Leupold has a base/ring selector on their website and Brownell's used to list the different base ring specs as well for a lot of makers.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1597 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I believe mine are low so I am going to try some medium and hope they work.

Posts: 11 | Location: Ekalaka, MT | Registered: 14 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Med rings will raise you up about 1/8"

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote