New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any one use the Swaro Z6 5x30x50 scope?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone use the Swarovski Z6 5 x 30 x 50 scope for hunting?
What do you think about it?

Posts: 10378 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
What Do You hunt? If You need the high magnifition: The optics are perfect!!! Think about an illuminated reticle - you may regret not taking one...

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scuba,
I had a chance to pick up one at 40% off retail.
Thought it sounded like a fun, long range scope but am not sure.

I have a couple of illuminated scopes - I like them a lot.

Posts: 10378 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
I have the 3-18x50. Fantastic scope, however, away from a bench, I find anything more than 12x unusable.

If you are shooting on a range in good light you can use the high mag, but not in low light field conditions. I also have a Z6 2-12x50, this is a much more "friendly" scope to use.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is probably an excellent scope being a Swarovski. I would be interested in it if I didn't already have 2 of the Swarovski 6 X 18 TDS scopes. Use both on varmint rifles. The higher power would be very helpful ringing the loads out from the bench and shooting longer distances in good light. Has there been any test reports of the scope yopu are interested?
Jim

Posts: 339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Swarovski asked me to test their 5-30x50P and write it up in a hunters' magazine. I installed it on my AICS-Rem 700 .308 Win and rapidly fell in love with the scope (I did not actually hunt with it, though). The only sad point was that I had to return the scope after completion of the testing Frowner

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andre Mertens:
Swarovski asked me to test their 5-30x50P and write it up in a hunters' magazine. I installed it on my AICS-Rem 700 .308 Win and rapidly fell in love with the scope (I did not actually hunt with it, though). The only sad point was that I had to return the scope after completion of the testing Frowner

Andre, you're going to have to change your ways and the price for testing and write up is you get to keep the test item Wink Of course you would have to limit your testing to stuff like Sauer, Mauser, Blaser, Zeiss, Leica, etc. Waidmannsheil, Dom.

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dogcat and others.

I am kinda maybe looking at moving out of my Leupold 6.5 x 20 x 50 on my long range 7 Mag rig.

I am just curious of how did the Swaro work out if you got it, and your opinions of it now.

I am looking at both the Z5 and the Z6 (gasp $$$$) in the 5 x 25 which would seem enough or the 5 x 30 Z6.

Have you, or Andre or others, seen a better eye positioning on the Swaro vs the Leupold? And did anyone use the Swaro ballistic turret?

Finally how about the available adjustment. I think the Leupold has 94 elevation and 94 windage.

I am really a two scope owner in either the Leupold or Swaro. Anything else I should know or that you might share Smiler ?

Thanks.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PATRIOT76
posted Hide Post
i have a new 2-12x50 z6 in the classifieds that is awesome, great optics and light for a 50mm

Posts: 442 | Location: usa | Registered: 24 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
It is absolutely an optical marvel

Clarity at 30x is beyond reproach

Those who struggle with high mag tunnelling don't even understand the basis of optics

If the stock does not fit them they will struggle with 30x magnification

Posts: 1661 | Location: London | Registered: 14 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How about the eyebox?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Norse,
What is an "eyebox"? That term is unfamiliar to me.

one of us
posted Hide Post
dog,

eyebox, when the magnification is crank all the way up (30X), is it much more difficult to position your eye behind the eye piece such as requiring a perfect cheek weld everytime on the riflestock otherwise the image will very easily blackout?