Notify
Tools

One scope for all rifles, zeroing no problem
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just bought a new rifel and was looking for a scope. Found this

www.titanium-gunworks.de

You can use one scope for several rifles, for you have a rail on the rifle and the scope adjustment will be done with the rail
What do you think about such a system?

Burkhard

Posts: 438 | Location: Germany | Registered: 15 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
pissers

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Burkhard, Interesting idea but seems a bit complicated for my preferences. I never saw prices on the site how expensive was it? I guess if you had a bunch of rifles and only one real good scope maybe, but I like the idea of finding a scope that really works well for a rifle and leaving it there...........DJ

butchloc, du hast mann wohl ins gehirn gesschissen und vergessern um zu ruhren!

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Laner
posted Hide Post
Guess I'm screwed. I cant read German.

Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded.

Posts: 99 | Location: Hays, Kansas | Registered: 02 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leave it to German engineering to overcomplicate an answer to a question that wasn't asked. I guess I'm with Butchloc on this one. jp

Posts: 217 | Location: SW of Dodge City | Registered: 18 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In the text of the sight it mentions how that many top quality optics cost more than the guns that they are placed upon. Considering this it's really a pretty good idea to be able to move a really good scope among different rifles - what could be bad about leaving more money for new rifles?... Smiler Smiler...................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Joe Young
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Laner:

Literally translated to English, Posh and Poppycock!

Posts: 107 | Location: Lake City, FL | Registered: 15 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
People in this business have seldom gone broke when they start marketing products that provide “solutions†for non-existent problems! Smiler

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Laner:

Babelfish is your friend (and mine)...

babelfish.altavista.com will translate text or an entire web page between languages, including from German to English. The grammer is pretty rough, but intelligible. Note that it will not translate the pdf downloads.

As to the product idea itself, If I wanted to use $1k scopes on my all my rifles, this would pay for itself very quickly, assuming it works reliably. Not a problem that I have, but that some folks undoubtably do.

Andy

Pray, Vote, Shoot, Reload.

Posts: 315 | Location: Arlington TX | Registered: 21 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the hell out the idea. I am looking into it elpronto. clap

Posts: 37 | Location: Black Hills | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With Quote