THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    New M70 Classic Sporter LT--which bases and rings for Africa?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New M70 Classic Sporter LT--which bases and rings for Africa?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just bought a beautiful "LT" and would like to know which scope bases and rings you recommend for it. I use Talley's on my M70 .375 H&H and was just going to use those in the correct part number for the M70 small action.
What else is out there that you like.
I plan to use "fixed" rings, not QR as are on my .375 H&H. Thanks, Scott

SCI, NRA Life Member

Warm trails and blue skies!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Info only...I plan to mount my Leupold 2.5X8 on it. This gun is a dedicated plains game Africa gun.

SCI, NRA Life Member

Warm trails and blue skies!

One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Stick with the Talley's they are very good.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Leupold dual dovetails.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the Leupold site and look at the PRW rings. I just put a set of these on a Win. featherweight. Real nice looking and they look hell for stout. That being said...I had hell getting them on and they will scratch the scope a bit when snapping the top ring on.

I think I like the Talleys the best. Just get the ones without the levers..

Congrats on your '06

Sendero300>>>===TerryP

Posts: 489 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 25 December 2004Reply With Quote