Find
Notify
Tools

Extension rings for a Weatherby
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Johnny foreigner
posted
I have a 243 Weatherby that is giving me a few problems. I've paired it with a Nikon Monarch 6.5 -20 that I am over the moon with. Problem I have is I can not get the eye relief correct. Mounting the scope as far back as I can, I still need to get it back another 3/4". After much delibertion I want to keep the gun/scope combo and get a set of mounts that will allow me to get the eye relief. I prefer the picttany type system but don't seem to be able to get them in reach forward/back. Are the Leupold QR systems reliable (hold zero)?

DW

Posts: 156 | Location: UK Oxford | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A set of Millett extension rings will do what you describe perfectly.

http://www.millettsights.com/pages/trnrngs.html

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DW

Just had the same problem myself, my .270 has Leupold bases fitted and with normal rings the scope was just too far forward and had no further rearward movement due to the objective hitting the front ring.

I got myself a set of Millet medium height extension rings (Leupold also do the same) - problem solved, I ended up with a set of Leupold as well but feel the design of the Millet is a little better although they both do exactly the same thing, both are available in the U.K. I think Edgar Bros import Millet and GMK Leupold?

Posts: 342 | Location: York / U.K | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote