New
Find
Notify
Tools

March Scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does any one have a opinion if a March scope is any good or not.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are the premium BR scope. I have not used one of the hunting models. They hold POI and the adjustments are positive and are accurate. They use camera quality glass that is superior than normal scope glass. TC1 on the forum has a 2.5x-25x on a hunting rifle. He absolutely loves it, but made the mistake of buying the fine cross hair model instead of the duplex.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is March the name that the company goes by? The reason I ask is so I can check to see if they are on the NRA National Convention Exhibitor list. I would like to see their scopes if they are there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
DEON Optical is the comapny that makes them, and Kelby is the only company that sales them in the States has far has I know.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kelblys is the exclusive US dealer.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It did not see either one on the exhibitor list for the NRA Convention. I am interested in looking at them, but apparently not at this event.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This gives a brief summary of who these people are:

"A couple of years ago, word got out that there was a new scope being created in Japan - they would be hand built to extremely precise tolerances, and were guaranteed not to shift point of impact. Naturally, they would not be cheap, but the purchaser would be buying the confidence that this scope would track truly and hold its zero. The new scopes would carry the name March, and were produced by Deon Optical Design Corporation in Japan.

The Deon Optical Design Corporation was formed in October of 2004, by a group of engineers, and each one of these engineers had over 30 years of experience in high precision optics. Widely experienced in their field, members of the team had already achieved awards and honours from the Japanese Government. Under the direction of company President Shimizu, the companies aim was to produce extremely high quality scopes for those marksmen and hunters who were prepared to pay a little more for a hand built custom scope."

The March scope already seems to have made a huge splash in the BR market.

The Australian A Team that won the 2009 World Benchrest Championships in South Africa all used March scopes.

Warrior

Posts: 2273 | Location: South of the Zambezi | Registered: 31 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe half of the A team will be at my house for a week or 2 and then we will go to the Super Shoot in Ohio the last of May.
Butch

One of Us
Picture of Bob from down under
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcjr:
Does any one have a opinion if a March scope is any good or not.

There are some pictures taken through some March scopes. I think they were taken by one of the members of the Australian A team.
They give a pretty good indication of how good these scopes are.
Butch might be able to send you the pictures.
A March scope is on my "to do" list.
Anything that lets you see 6mm bullet holes at 600 meters in a target is worth looking at...
The range of March scopes for sale seems to be growing which is good.

Regards,
Bob.

Posts: 480 | Location: Australia | Registered: 15 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I owned one for a short while. It was absolutely the cleanest scope I've ever looked through in my life. It was every bit as clean at 25X as it was at 2.5X. The turrets had a very precise feel to them and the scope seemed to be very well built.

I bought the scope with the idea of using it for target shooting and a little hunting. The model I bought had the mil-dot reticle. The reticle on this scope is so thin you loose it way too soon in low light to even consider it for a hunting scope. They offer a lighted reticle but it's a $600 option. They also have a regular duplex reticle that probably would have been better for my needs.

I really liked the scope but decided it didn't match my level of interest. I found a buyer who wanted one fast and we were both happy.

IMO, It's an extremely nice scope that is geared more for target shooters than hunters.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote