New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burris Fullfield II scopes on a 338WM?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone had any problems with the Fullfield II scopes standing up to recoil or any other problems they want to mention?

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, my current .338 WM wears a Burris Signature. BUT, my .300 WM has the Fullfield II. With it, I've shot Roosevelt elk in California, mule deer, and elk in Wyoming. The Fullfield II has been on this gun around 4 years and has held up nicely.

I can't quote data regarding the recoil velocity of the .300 vs the .338, but I doubt there is much real difference.

I say: Go for it!

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. G.B. Shaw

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one on my 375H&H (2-7x, over 500rds so far) and one on my 270Win (3-9x, over 300 rds so far).

I have not had any mechanical issues with either, however my opinion of their optical performance in an indoor range setting continues to drop as I get to see other scopes for comparison.

Posts: 256 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 18 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a signature select on my 338 wm and it started to come apart inside. That was after shooting over 500 rounds. I sent it back and they sent me a new one. They have good customer service in my experience. I don't know if I just had a lemon or they just don't hold up well to heavy recoil. I used the new one once, when I went to Africa and then took it off the gun.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input gentleman. I am asking for a friend of mine who ran across a deal on some 4.5-14X44 Fullfields. Personally, I have a Leupold on mine and trust it quite well. I want to like Burris scopes, since they are American made, however I have three on some non-heavy kickers. They seem to be adequate but my only "bitch" about them is they always seem to need to be adjusted focus wise, every time I bring them up to shoot. I have not had any other problems other than that and even that is not so bad as to cause a miss (on the scopes part) yet.

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
I've had one on my 30-06 for the past 8 years. Flown it all over the US and hunt with it as much as I can; has stood up well.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I want to like Burris scopes, since they are American made,

Read the box. Many Burris models are made in the Phillipines. Some may be made in other Asian factories, as well as their binoculars. I believe that only the top of their line is made in the U.S., and that is undoubtedly made with Asian glass. I have no problem with purchasing imported goods, but I do have a problem with having them sold to me with the inference that they are American made.

Posts: 13235 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
quote:
I want to like Burris scopes, since they are American made,

Read the box. Many Burris models are made in the Phillipines. Some may be made in other Asian factories, as well as their binoculars. I believe that only the top of their line is made in the U.S., and that is undoubtedly made with Asian glass. I have no problem with purchasing imported goods, but I do have a problem with having them sold to me with the inference that they are American made.

My apology S-Creek, I failed to mention mine are pre-phlip and are at least marked "made in the USA". I have forgotten about the new ones being from overseas.