New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trijicon - Which Reticle and Color
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My father is buying me a new scope for my rifle. I like the way the Trijicons Accupoint 3-9x40 looks in the store.

Which reticle and color would be best for hunting in Namibia and North America.

Thanks for the help!! Smiler

Posts: 54 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I can't say which one is best. I like the standard duplex with green dot, but some prefer the post and triangle.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would prefer the post reticle in red.

I have done a fair amount of long range shooting/hunting with post reticles in European scopes, both sharp pointed and flat pointed, I like them.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i like the green - for my eyes its the most visable, but everybody's eyes are different. in some peoples eyes obama is still their man

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of opus72
posted Hide Post
I have the 2.5-10 standard crosshair and amber dot on my .308. Just ordered the 1-4 post and red triangle to put on my .416 Rigby. I love these scopes. Hope you enjoy.

Posts: 262 | Location: Mount Pleasant, SC | Registered: 02 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The neon green is by far the brightest, and easiest to pick up color of the three. I would rate the amber as the second easiest to quickly pick-up. We all have different eyes, but that is the way I see them.

Wes

Posts: 213 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback.

My favorite was the duplex with green dot. I think I'll go that direction.

Again thanks!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
My fear with the Green is that it would blend in with the vegetation...

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:

But you are not shooting the vegetables right?? Big Grin

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1283 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:

It is a green not found in nature! Wink

I have an ACOG with the green horseshoe reticle.

Impressive optic.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was battling back and forth when I bought my red triangle reticle. Should I get amber or green or red? I got a good deal on the red, but couldn't help but wonder about the amber and green. If you can find a stor that has them, then actually look through them and see what you like. Trijicon says amber is best, but red showed up better for my eyes against the background. green is proven the most visible to the human eye, but I haven't been able to find a green one yet to look through in person.
I love the triangle post. busting clay pigens at 200 yards is no problem with it and it is very precise to me and a lot faster to target with than the crosshairs.

Posts: 973 | Location: Rapid City, SD | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BHW
posted Hide Post
I think it all depends on the rifle and what you are going to use it for.

I have the 1.25-4x24 with the red post on my 375 Ruger and really like it on that rifle. I like it so much I may move it to my Marlin 45-70. I find the red pretty easy to pick up and the post to me is faster than the crosshairs/dot for target acquisition.

I also just mounted my 3-9x40 with crosshairs & amber dot on my 270 WSM. I like that a lot also.

If doing night hunting, I think red is the best, too bad they don't make the crosshair with red dot. Green and amber I believe are harder to distinguish when night hunting with the use of an artificial colored night light.

I am really impressed with this line of scopes and think for the money they are the best illuminated reticle on the market.

Posts: 261 | Location: Duncan, SC | Registered: 06 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am also looking at the truglos and bought one for my 17 hmr,but I still need something for my 7mm-08. Smiler