THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Opinions on the Burris Fullfield II 2-7x35 for a UL rifle

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions on the Burris Fullfield II 2-7x35 for a UL rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a Ruger M77 MkII Ultra-Light (Stainless & Sythetic) rifle in 243 Win. that I need to scope. This rifle has a 20" lightweight barrel. I don't want to add too bulky of a scope to it and my budget is pretty limited.

I am considering the Burris FF II 2-7x35mm scope w/ the Ballistic-Plex reticle for $160. Has anyone tried this scope? How would it compare to the more common Burris FF II 3-9x40mm for $180-$200. Do you think the smaller 35mm objective would gather enough light for hunting in the woods here in the east?

Thanks,
Mark in GA

Posts: 552 | Location: Coastal Georgia | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
At its highest power, the 2-7x35 still has a 5mm exit pupil. This is larger than the amount of light that the eye can take in. Assuming that you'll be using it a lower power most of the time, it should be plenty bright !!! I was thinking of trying one of those on my Knight muzzle loader.

Elite Archery and High Country dealer.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

Check this out! Will fit the Ruger like a glove!

http://store.discoveryoptics.com/st101693.html

If you must go with Burris, the short mag series will be better.

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote