THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Vortex Customer Service (short story it is awesome).

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vortex Customer Service (short story it is awesome).
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
In 2016 I bought a pair of 8x42 Vortex Talon HDs. They are great glass, and if you can find a pair really work well for eye glass wearers.

I noticed that the strap hanger bar on the right side was broken and I sent them to Vortex to repair.

They sent me a new pair of 8x42 Viper HDs.

Really nice glass, but for someone with 20x450 in both eyes, I can't get them close enough to my face to look through.

No glasses and they are sharp, but then I am looking through handicapped eye balls.

So I called them to discuss the issue with the replacements, and they told me they would rebuild a pair of Talons from stock talon parts and send them me.

They discontinued Talons about 3 years ago because Swarovski owns the patent on the dual hinge design similar to the EL Swarovski. So they got tired of paying Swarovski for the privlidge of dual hinges.

I really feel as though this is above and beyond the call of what is necessary.

I found two pairs of Talons of ebay and bought both of them (one was new in the box). And am going to shift the Viper HDs for the price I paid for the Talons in 2016.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote