New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Optics users?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was contemplating the SN-6 22x with the 35mm tube upgrade.

http://www.usoptics.com/sub_pages/scope_model.php?recordID=5

I would like to hear some opinions on those scopes, and personal experiences would be cool too!!

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know. Never heard of them. But honestly, for the price of some of their scopes, you could buy 2 or 3 Nightforce scopes.

mike

Posts: 180 | Location: Bremerton, Wa | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
where do you get 35mm rings??

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
where do you get 35mm rings??

U.S. Optics, Badger,Seekins manufactoring,to name a few

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gixxer:
I was contemplating the SN-6 22x with the 35mm tube upgrade.

http://www.usoptics.com/sub_pages/scope_model.php?recordID=5

I would like to hear some opinions on those scopes, and personal experiences would be cool too!!

U.S. Optics is a custom scope maker and makes some of if not the toughest scopes made period. The only advantage of the 35mm tube over the 30mm tube is increased verticle and winage adjustments

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

one of us
posted Hide Post
My real name is Bill Gates and I could only afford a handful of them. Big Grin

Posts: 1408 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello gixxer,
Have owned and used U.S.Optics for several years and can say that they are indeed of highest quality. Normally not used by civilians due to high cost, governmental agencies around the world always seem to have plenty of extra cash, but super tough and durable under the most severe conditions. Had numerous conversations with the founder who met with an untimely death, motorcycle I believe, and now his son either operates it or has sold to someone, not sure of ownership at this time.
Optics second to none and can build for about any application imaginable. Not sure what rifle you would be using, but check out thier mounts for the 30mm tube version. Slide and lock on picatanny rail system but they will build you whatever.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Driver, how would you rate them compared to... lets say a S&B 4x16x50 Police Marksman II?

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
Scope you mention is excellent as many other Euro versions are, but still believe the U.S. Optics is at the top of the line for overall quality, durability, repair/warranty service if needed, and general performance. Many models of U.S. Optics have a tube wall thickness of no less than .375" and can take a huge amount of abuse and still deliver top performance. Again, weight and bulk are factors for a sporting application and would not go beyond the 30mm size personally. If you have not done so, check out their web site. www.u.s.optics.com and their catalog is a great primer in optical design and application of optical sight systems for both sportsmen and le/mil applications.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have visited the site, and there are so many upgrade options, I have an assload of questions about some of em. Like it the EREK knob in MOA or MILs? I had contemplated teh 35mm maintube upgrade, but after talking to some of the folks in the Snipershide forum, all that is good for is more W/E adjustment, cause they use the same erector tube and other innards, so light transmission is basically the same compared to the 30mm models. Am I right?

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gixxer:
I have visited the site, and there are so many upgrade options, I have an assload of questions about some of em. Like it the EREK knob in MOA or MILs? I had contemplated teh 35mm maintube upgrade, but after talking to some of the folks in the Snipershide forum, all that is good for is more W/E adjustment, cause they use the same erector tube and other innards, so light transmission is basically the same compared to the 30mm models. Am I right?

Yes that is correct

- Winston Churchill

one of us
Picture of DMCI*
posted Hide Post

SN-3 3.8-22x58, .25 x 22/turn EREK, ERGO, ARD and lit MOA 35mm tube on M40A3 clone with USO rings and base.

The EREK (Extended Range Elevation Knob) is available in .5 or .25 moa clicks or alternatively in 0.10 mil clicks. Windage knob is available in similar units.

--------------------

EGO sum bastard ut does frendo

Posts: 2821 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote