Find
Notify
Tools

Best low light optics??????????????
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
I am chiming in to all these optics gurus....Looking for a clean Zeiss 6-24×72..Thanks

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Good prices,esp. for Illuminated! Who is the dealer? Thx

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SAFARIKID:
Good prices,esp. for Illuminated! Who is the dealer? Thx

Sorry but it's a Canadian outfit. I'll PM you.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Best low light optics??????????????

Thermal

sofa

Posts: 10159 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
For sure..but a tad pricey!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is always amusing when Americans are making statements about optics for low light/night hunting.

Usually it boils down that Leupold is just as good as any top class Europeean Scope.

If I was a rich man, I would love to invite a couple of the most anti-European Scope bashers to sit with me on a starry night over frozen hay fields

And:

quote:
Many of my countrymen hunt pests at night with spotlights, legally, but once the light is on the quality of the scope becomes much less important.

That's pretty much spot on 100% the truth. European 'scopes are capable of being used during ALL hours that hunters in Europe may legally hunt.

And that does mean siting up at night, at 2.00am, 3.00am etc. under a moon for wild boar. Nobody I know that does this "professionally" with paying clients uses other that European glass.

These guys buy the best irrespective of price either high price or low price. They don't buy on name, or brand, they buy on what works. And that isn't, at least for the boar, Leupold or Redfield or Burris.

If you don't shoot other than daylight hours then any good USA optic will perform, for real purpose, as good as any European telescopic sight.

If you NEED that night time moon light performance then USA 'scopes are not the "go to" of choice. If you don't need it and shoot in daylight hours only then they are pretty much as good.

Period.

But as Sambarman says if you LAMP then, here in UK, a lot go for the Leupold VX 'scope as over a lamp or spotlight these are the best combination of performance and price. In Austrlia I rhink the professional kangaroo shooters used to favour the Nikko Sterling Nighteater? The Nikko being "Made in Japan" the story goes but Australian designed?

Posts: 6815 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Agreed

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enfieldspares:
The Nikko being "Made in Japan" the story goes but Australian designed?

I think Malcolm Fuller initiated the brand for Australian use about 60 years ago and may have told the factory what specs he wanted. Whether this situation still exists, I can't say but doubt if anyone in Oz would have too much input except maybe to say 'add a sunshade!' Smiler

Posts: 5012 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote