Find
Notify
Tools

tasco world class plus scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BIG1LOST
posted
A while back I got a m70 in .300 win.,,I picked it up because the David Miller stock fit me like nothing else has for years,,but the chambering seemed too much for the glass,,,or so I thought.Tascos don't have the best rep.,but this is one of the old world class plus models(44 mm) made in Japan,,,and after 100's of rounds,AND once being dropped,,it has held it's zero and continues to repeat,,it's eye placement factor is a little more critical than modern American glass,,alot like older Euro. stuff.I want to put a fixed Burris or Leo,,but I don't fix what aint broke,,,should cheap glass be this good?? Confused

a good horse,a churchill sized Maduro,a true rifle,and 50 year old brandy..................

Posts: 87 | Location: Louisiana,but want to be back home in the Rockies..... | Registered: 01 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get a Leupold. Tasco scopes make fine paper weights, wheel chocks, or tent pegs.

Posts: 664 | Location: NW Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BIG1LOST
posted Hide Post
Big Grin HEY 'BURNS,,ordinarily I would agree,,but this one just plain works!!!,,my next $$$ will be for some nice tree for the m70,,then I will go BURRIS Black Diamond,,tho the Leo 6x42 interests me,,I will go with a B&L 6x balvar if I can find one like new wave

a good horse,a churchill sized Maduro,a true rifle,and 50 year old brandy..................

Posts: 87 | Location: Louisiana,but want to be back home in the Rockies..... | Registered: 01 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Unless you find it embarrassing , or socially unacceptable , to be seen in public with a tasco scope on your rifle my suggestion is simply - use it till it it breaks ( which i doubt it will ) give those who think the scope is crap the two finger salute , and if it does let you down , then you have to replace it anyway .

Might be next week , might be next year might be never . Life is a gamble , be brave man - you know you want to prove the critics wrong ... Smiler

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4471 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I purchased a Tasco 4x40 in 1978, after nearly 15 years it was transferred from a 308 to a 22RF and I still use it.

Tasco were a marketing company, in those days the scopes were made in Japan.

Today we have lots of scope marketing companies, and a greater number of Asian countries with optics industries, making scopes to a price or quality level determined by the scope marketing companies. The cheaper the scope the more variable the quality will be, you might get a good one on your first purchase - its a bit like a raffle really.

While i still have the Tasco, it will get retired as I now appreciate more than 4x. Today I buy better quality scopes, my preference is a good second hand for the same cost new.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Use what works.

However, I have had Tasco, Weaver and Bushnell. None are in league with Leupold or the other better scopes.

Posts: 10369 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You got right.
The Tasco World Class and World Class Plus made in Japan are great scopes but only those two!
The rest are junk.
I would put them against much higer prices scopes.

NRA Life member

Posts: 142 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 18 January 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
tasco euros and the japanese made titans could have been called "chicken scratch" and would have been the best selling scope on the market.. as it was, it was tough to get someone to pay 299 or more for a trashco ...

built tough, and i've had them on 458 lotts and down.. GREAT scopes.

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39660 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BIG1LOST
posted Hide Post
CoolMUZZA!!embarassed,,socially unacceptable??.I don't give a flying f..k what anyone thinks,,I use what works FOR ME,when it's my money.......Oh,,,I've used the 2 finger salute here in the u.s. since I learned it on the docks in Portsmouth England 35 yr.s ago while everyone in the U.S. was using it for a "PEACE" sign turned the wrong way round!!!!!

DOGCAT,,I feel the same way,,my favorite are old Burris HI-LUME Fullfields when they were still U.S. made.

SS, I bought the RIFLE...the W.C. PLUS came along with it and until it pukes I'll use it.....unless someone wants to buy me some new glass,,,,this scope seems like the OLDER Swift Instruments Co. jap made glass....GOOD STUFF!! beer

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Good on ya mate . Wink

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4471 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote