New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seeking Optics for M1 Carbine.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just re-acquired a carbine and really cannot shoot the standard sights. Looking for an optic or red dot sight.

mrmichals@Comcast.net

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1111 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
You will need a mount and then you can put any optics on it you want. There are no drill ones that fit in the rear sight dovetail, but really, carbines are not scope friendly rifles.

Posts: 17281 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I think UltiMAK has what you're looking for. They make a scope rail you can mount almost any optics on.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
how about a reflex/holo sight on the rear?

truthfully, i've never had a carbine that would do much better than 3" at 100yards.. and some that where moA at 200yards...

oh, i meant Most of an Acre! no joke, the nicest DCM i ever had couldn't shoot 20 FEET groups at 200 yards ..

while the m1 (well, m1a), on the same day, from the same shooting position, with the same peep and post, would hit less than 8", as I was shooting at an 8" gong (blind flange with angle iron feet)

the carbine? well, it might hit the POND (in tejano, that's tank) at 200

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39682 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i believe b square makes a mount for the carbine that goes into the rear sight dovetail

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I've got the same age related vision issues with iron sights and am using a lot of various 'red dot' type sights on handguns and carbines. I have everything from ~$50 chink red dots to Trijicon and Leupold stuff that sells for more than the weapons I have them mounted on. Prime example is a HiPoint Carbine I have an EOTech on (it goes bang every time with any kind of ammo and I can wear out a 10-ring at 50 yards!).

For me the red dots make shooting fun again and vastly improve my shooting at practical ranges.

As mentioned you are going to first have to deal with affixing the sight to the M-1 C. I'd go with something that solidly secures it in front of the action.

Then consider cheek weld as these rifles were not designed with optics in mind. Unless you really like to 'turkey neck' you might have to put a stick on/strap on comb pad on it.

But once you get those two issues addressed go forth and have fun shooting the rifle at 25, 50, and 100 yards!

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote