New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burris handgun scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Bushnell red dot scope on my Super Redhawk .44 magnum and while it works well, I'm not completely happy with it. I would like to have some magnification for target shooting so I'm looking at scopes. Over the weekend I stopped at a Cabela's store and looked at a Burris variable. I can't remember the magnification level but the image was very bright and clear when compared to the cheaper Simmons models. Right now I'm looking at the Burris 2-7x32 model number 200297 with Posi Lock. Has anyone ever used one like this? I'm just wondering how the eye relief holds up at higher power. I'm tall with long arms so I need all the eye relief I can get. I would also consider the 3-12X model, but it isn't available with Posi lock in nickel finish.

Posts: 192 | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The eye relief is pretty good on the 2-7X models but in the 3-12X models the eye relief on the higher powers is VERY short and is almost unusable in a handgun. The 2-7X offers plenty of magnification for most handgun uses and few people can hold the crosshairs steady enough on a target when the power is higher than that anyhow. It really magnifies your shaking/trembling and will throw off your confidence and concentration.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote