Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

vortex scopes
 Login/Join

posted
anyone had any experince with vortex scopes.
looking at puttin one on a bar 300wm.
please advise..........thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
just ordered my 3rd. no problems whatsoever. & doug has a hellofva sale going on right now

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
I have a Viper 6.5-20x50 already. I thought it was a good piece of glass for $500. Now they're $279...

Figures...

I'd say it's better than my Burris, but not as good as my Nighforce.

If he still has any on the shelf come friday, (payday), I'll be buying a couple of the 2-7x's, and maybe a 4-12x.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw these scopes at the 2006 REMF show, which was before they were being sold in the US. I liked them. If I remember correctly, they are FFP scopes. I remember them as being quite sharp. No prices were available at that time.

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vortex is an excellent product for the money. We sell them at the store where I work, and they have become the number 1 seller. Thing is, if you see a Viper 6.5-20x50 for 279 dollars, it has to be a second or a blemmie. Vortex is MAP priced. Minimum advertised price. If we sell them for less, we lose the right to have this product in our store. Make sure you know what you are buying before you plunk your dollars down. I don't know if the excellent warranty is in effect for these seconds. I will try to find out tomorrow, and post.
Semper Fi

Posts: 29 | Location: Montana | Registered: 13 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I should also add, these may be close outs of certain models. The 279 Viper is a target dot reticle that is a close out. We have these at our store also.
Semper Fi
Frank

Posts: 29 | Location: Montana | Registered: 13 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
I just got off the phone with Neil at Cameraland. I ordered 2 of the 2-7x's, and 1 of the 4-12x's. Can't come near their quality at these closeout prices.

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup, great prices. Never tried a Vortex before so I ordered one of their 6.5x20 50mm dot. Certaintly worth a try at $280.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6604 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've just landed a 2-7x Viper from Doug and I'm regretting not ordering a 4-12 at the same time.

Very impressive little scope and at $174 it's a steal.

Posts: 351 | Location: Junee, NSW, Australia | Registered: 13 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reference the Vortex 6.5x20 x 44 (and 50). Are these scopes 1 inch or 30mm tubes?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6604 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
30mm

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by homebrewer:

I saw these scopes at the 2006 REMF show, which was before they were being sold in the US. I liked them. If I remember correctly, they are FFP scopes. I remember them as being quite sharp. No prices were available at that time.

I am remembering now: The Vortex examples that I saw in 2006 WERE NOT FFP scopes. The rep was asking for customer input as to what they should design into production models. I said I wanted 30mm and FFP because I had just drooled on a Schmidt-Bender 5-25X PM II ($2950 then) about ten minutes before. The Vortex was one-inch and SFP reticle. I do not remember if it was also SF, but that is what I gotta have...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It says nothing of being seconds or no warranty here.

http://swfa.com/Vortex-65-20x4...le-Scope-P11232.aspx

Molon Labe

New account for Jacobite

Posts: 631 | Location: SW. PA. | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2drifters:
Vortex is an excellent product for the money. We sell them at the store where I work, and they have become the number 1 seller. Thing is, if you see a Viper 6.5-20x50 for 279 dollars, it has to be a second or a blemmie. Vortex is MAP priced. Minimum advertised price. If we sell them for less, we lose the right to have this product in our store. Make sure you know what you are buying before you plunk your dollars down. I don't know if the excellent warranty is in effect for these seconds. Semper Fi

These are brand new scopes. Vortex is revamping some of their line on Vipers and discontinueing the Target Dot Reticle. This gives us the ability to lower the prices substantially.
We received a HUGE shipment last week so all are in stock.

Vortex Viper 2-7x32mm riflescope for only $174.99 in your choice of BDC, C3 or V-Plex reticle

Vortex Viper 3.5-10x50mm riflescope with V-Plex reticle for only $249.99

Vortex Viper 4-12x40mm PA riflescope with V-Plex reticle for only $249.99

Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44mm PA riflescope for only $249.99 in your choice of V-Plex or Target Dot reticle

Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50mm PA riflescope with Target Dot reticle for only $279.99

Vortex is also closing out some great binoculars....check out these outstanding values:

Vortex Fury 12.5x42mm Binocular for only $199.99

Vortex Fury 10x32mm Binocular for only $174.99

Vortex Fury 8x32mm Binocular for only $174.99

Vortex Fury 6.5x32mm Binocular for only $169.99

Remember, with any Vortex Binocular purchase you can add their Vortex Binocular Harness Strap for only $10.00.

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3649 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with Neil and ordered the 6.5-20x50

Got the 50mm for the price of the 44 at the other place. Hope they are as good as you folks say.

Molon Labe

New account for Jacobite

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got to look through some Viper scopes - 3 different models as my friend needed another scope and off we went to keep us busy that Saturday morning.

We were quite surprised to see how clear they were.
Price wise they compare very well to the Leupolds that we compared them to (VX2's & VX3's).
The mag dial is so smooth in comparison with most other makes.
My favourite in the line-up was the 3-9x40 mm.
Vortex Rifle Scopes subject all of their riflescopes to demanding factory testing under a force of 1000 G's - 500 times!

Needless to say, my friend could not resist to take one home.

Here is their homepage: http://www.vortexoptics.com/pr...scope-v-plex-reticle

Warrior

Posts: 2273 | Location: South of the Zambezi | Registered: 31 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Vortex Viper came today. So far it sure Looks good. Now just waiting for my scope rings to get here. Cameraland threw in some coffee for the wife and a new hat for me. Thanks guys!

Molon Labe

New account for Jacobite

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I might be getting the 6.5-20x44 viper for $249.99

Price is right and reviews are all good.

Captain Finlander

Posts: 480 | Registered: 03 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brando
posted Hide Post
Thinking about trying a Vortex on my 204, but not sure if I want to replace my 25x Mueller Eradicator...

Sure wish Vortex made a silver finish scope that I could mount on my 17HMR. Thats what I really need right now...

Posts: 468 | Location: Goldsboro, NC. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
Just get some silver spray paint and have at it.

Big Grin

I put one of the 2-7x's on my 375 H&H. So far it's held up fine to full power 300gr and 270gr bullets pounding it at the bench. So far, I'm happy with it on that rifle. I donated the other 2-7x, and I haven't figured out what rifle to put the 4-12x on. Either my 17 Rem, or maybe my 17 HMR, or maybe that 6x47 (6x222 Rem mag) I'm thinking of building.

I think I'll pick up a few more of those 2-7x's, if they still have some next month.