New
Find
Notify
Tools

Super Sniper scope?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have any experience with a Super Sniper Scope?

Posts: 121 | Location: Western North Carolina | Registered: 10 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, Super Sniper scopes are a cleverly contrived fraud. As best I can determine, they have NO serial number and NO connection to the military. For a more detailed rundown on them, search the snipershide.com site.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are these the scopes sold by SWFA? If so, I think they are made by Tasco, and I would pass on buying one.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well my experience has been different. I have the Super Sniper in 20X. Words just fine on my Rem 700 HB in 308! I consider them an excellent value
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have an older (10 years plus) 10x Super Sniper that's been on a heavy-barreled .308 the entire time. Lots of rounds through that gun, no problems with the scope, but it certainly hasn't had to endure a very hard life. I don't know how it would hold up to more recoil or rough handling.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pepperbelly
posted Hide Post
Grumulkin I think you are thinking of the Counter Sniper scopes. Those are junk.
The Super Sniper scopes sold by SWFA are good to go.

Jim

NRA Life Member

Posts: 152 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Military snipers these days are using the Leupold Mark 4 w/ Mil Dot reticle.

One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pepperbelly:
Grumulkin I think you are thinking of the Counter Sniper scopes. Those are junk.

Jim

Are those the crap scopes they are always advertising in the Sportmens Guide?

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

The United States Marine Corps is now using Schmidt & Bender scopes on all Scout Rifle Day Scopes for use on the Corps' sniper weapons. A modified version of the Schmidt & Bender 3-12 x 50 Police Marksman LP II scope is standard equipment on all .308 and .50 caliber USMC sniper rifles.

The Schmidt & Bender 3-12 x 50 PMII LP is replacing a 10x sniper scope which has been in use for the last 25 years. The Schmidt & Bender scope was selected from products submitted by 25 different companies as the only riflescope to meet or exceed all of the USMC’s rigorous specifications.

The Schmidt & Bender scope includes an elevation dial made to USMC specifications. Especially attractive to the Marine Corps is the fact that the 3-12 x 50 PMII LP can be used on both .308 and .50 caliber weapons, with changes only in windage and elevation dials.

While the modified USMC version of the 3-12 x 50 PMII LP is not available to the public, a similar model is available.

Posts: 56912 | Location: GUNSHINE STATE | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cane Rat:
quote:
Originally posted by pepperbelly:

Jim

Are those the crap scopes they are always advertising in the Sportmens Guide?

I believe you're right. I stand corrected.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the Brits still use the Leupold.

The "Super Sniper scope" is a TASCO and you won't see ANY of them on ANY Snipers rifle.
Unless maybe North Korea or some place like that where they can't even afford food let alone a proper scope.

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Three years ago:

quote:

The Army's New Sniper Rifle
Soldier of Fortune | Gary Paul Johnston | August 21, 2007

Leupold scopes are pretty much standard throughout the U.S. Military, as are Harris Bipods. The Leupold Sniper Scope is rugged and precise and the Harris Bipod is lightweight yet tough enough for the job, and it performs. I've always maintained that extra weight in a bipod is excess weight, and the Harris proves this.

This is a pretty flimsy article. One current scope in use is the Leupold Mark 4 w/ illuminated mil-dot. 40mm, and I'm hearing that it's running about 14x on the magnification.

Leupold Mark 4 Precision Rifle Long Range Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 4.5-14x 40mm Side Focus Mil-Dot Reticle Matte
Product #: 427910Manufacturer #: 56130

One of Us
Picture of Brando
posted Hide Post
Most of the short range, room clearing type weapons use Trijicon aimpoint style optics.

But anything long range uses Nightforce in the high power range and the Leupold Mark 4 is still being used as well with great success. Most of the new age sharp shooters are using Nightforce, and old school (3-10 years) are using leupold.

Posts: 468 | Location: Goldsboro, NC. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brando:
Most of the short range, room clearing type weapons use Trijicon aimpoint style optics.

But anything long range uses Nightforce in the high power range and the Leupold Mark 4 is still being used as well with great success. Most of the new age sharp shooters are using Nightforce, and old school (3-10 years) are using leupold.

I thought the military was using US Optics as well?

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This damn government sends folks to fight with sniper rifles WITH NO OPTICS on them!! How do I know this? Because I sent some NIKON 4.5-14's to Afghanistan to be used on 308's that were issued with no optics or sights!! And last count, those NIKONS had 14 notchs on them and they were tracking perfectly and the users were STILL ALIVE!! GHD

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
old school (3-10 years) are using leupold.

"Old School" is like WWII. salute

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe landkiller is referring to the SWFA scopes.

SWFA SS Scopes

Stock # - SS10X42HD
•Matte
•Mil-Dot
•30mm
•Rear Focus
•OK for .50 cal
•.10 Mrad
•HD Model

Specifications
Weight (oz): 20
Mil-Dot

Length (in): 13.5
Eye Relief (in): 3.75
Field of View @ 100yds (ft): 10.5
Rear Focus Adjustment (m): 10 - infinity

They are getting good reviews as rugged, reliable, and great value.

They are being used by police SWAT and some military. But not standard issue.

Yes they are made in Japan.

Read the review on the attached link,...but note it comes from the source that is selling them,...so it may be biased.

http://www.opticstalk.com/swfa...ller_topic23715.html

Posts: 131 | Location: Southern WI | Registered: 09 March 2007Reply With Quote