Find
Notify
Tools

Nikko Stirling Binoculars
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted
Does anyone have any Nikko Stirling Binos and wondering what your thoughts are?
What kind of weather etc have you exposed them too?
Also I noticed as far as outside looks go that the that the Nikko Stirling 8x36 look very similar on the outside to Swaro EL 8x32. Is their any comoparison in quality or components?

I have Nikko Sterling scope 4-16x50 and it seems to do a very good job looking through it in low light. However I haven't hunted with it yet.

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also I noticed as far as outside looks go that the that the Nikko Stirling 8x36 look very similar on the outside to Swaro EL 8x32. Is their any comoparison in quality or components?

Appearance is where the similarities end. That's like comparing a Yugo to a Mercedes in that they both have 4 wheels and an engine but little else in common. Sorry to dash your hopes, but in my experience, with regard to optics especially, the old adage of "you get what you pay for" seems to be particularly true.

For some really excellent glass at a real firesale price check out the Kahles 8x32s, CDNN still has some for $389.00 which is a steal, they would normally cost twice that.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/kabi.html

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote