New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold Scope Offering?????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This is my first encounter with Leupold.

My brand new VX-iii 4.5-14 40mm scope with varmint reticle has finally arrived. To my surprise the scope has no covers included. I sent an Email to Leupold to enquire about this situation and received a reply in 3 hours:

"No lens covers are packaged with the VX-III 4.5-14x40mm scope.
Leupold does offer accessory Alumina Threaded Lens Covers for the VX-III
scope models. At our website, www.leupold.com click on Hunting &
Shooting, click on Accessories and click on Alumina Accessories for
further information and details. The Accessories may be purchased
through your sporting goods dealer or a mail order dealer."

This is the first time I purchased a Leupold scope, also happens to be the most expensive scope I purchased, that doesn't provide covers. All my Bushnell Elites, 1/3 of the price, come with covers.

I am speechless!!!!
Danny

Posts: 157 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: 09 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would not let that bother you. I never use scope covers myself, but the ones leupold sells are prety cool. There is lots of good glass out there, I am glad you gave leupold a try , I live about 20 miles from the factory. Its fine scope you bought, mount it and go shooting, then see what you think.
My next scope just might be a burris, if it has scope covers they will likly stay in the box...tj3006

freedom1st

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quote: I am speechless!!!!
Danny

No you’re not...you just told us about it in a very articulate manner! Smiler

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buy the buler creek flip up covers.

*We Band of .338 ers*.NRA Member

Posts: 415 | Location: Milwaukee WI USA | Registered: 07 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere, maybe on Leupold's FAQ pages, about why they don't include lens covers.

They said that since there are so many types of covers out there, they decided not to include any with thier scopes. They reasoned that they shouldn't be charging people for them when most of the people probably wouldn't want the type that came with them.

I like the look and idea of Leupold's Alumina flip-ups, but not the price!!! I'm not paying $30 for one lens cover!!!

They probably are better than the Butler Creek type, however. The Aluminas use some kind of magnet to stay closed so they are probably dead silent when you open them. The Butler Creeks can give a "pop" when you open them if you aren't careful.

Posts: 130 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For my use a cover cut from an old innertube works quite well and the price is reasonable, as in 0.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote