New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold Standard Rings Question?
 Login/Join

Picture of 01Foreman400
posted
I don't hear to much about Leupold Standard rings. I have them on my 7mm Mag and my 7mm-08 and have never had a problem. Are these rings considered weak. I'm getting ready to take off my Vari-x II 3-9x50 and replace it with a Conquest 3-9x50 do you think new rings would be a wise decision? It will be going on a Browning A-Bolt 7mm Mag.

Thanks,
Darrell

Huntin Fool from Georgia.

Posts: 3 | Location: Loganville, GA | Registered: 11 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used Leupold standard rings exclusively except on A couple of Rugers that have their own ring setup and have never had any kind of failure, even on my 338RUM. I see no need to replace the rings you are currently using unless you just want to change to some other style or just want them to look better.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1190 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KC Carlin
posted Hide Post
Leupold rings are more than adequate, and probably the industry standard. I wouldn't try to fix something that isn't broken.

Posts: 295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 24 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cheaptrick
posted Hide Post
I've had Loopie rings on .300 RUM and .300 Win mag rifles with zero problems.

That said, I do love Conetrol or Talley rings.

cheaptrick.....out!!

Posts: 238 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The standard rings are good.

For the ULTIMATE in accuracy I would go for the dual dovetail rings and lap them.

Posts: 4011 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 01Foreman400:
I'm getting ready to take off my Vari-x II 3-9x50 and replace it with a Conquest 3-9x50 do you think new rings would be a wise decision? Darrell

No, new rings would be no wiser a decision than replacing one outsized scope with another, more expensive outsized scope. Besides, knowledgeable shooters understand that certain optical features of the Zeiss make eye placement very critical and sight picture acquisition correspondingly slow. You're better off with a Leupold, and even better off with a Leupold 40mm objective. Except for being excessively tall, your present rings are the least of your problems.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote