Find
Notify
Tools

Tasco Titan Scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of hairbol
posted
I saw some of these on a post over on Big Bores and asked what they were. I'd be curious to hear opinions on the Tasco Titan Scopes. I'd be thinking abouttrying to find a 1.5-6 or something near that range.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I got 3 Titans about 12 years ago, still go 2 of them and regret selling the other one.

They are a bit heavy but I have taken them across the world on hunts and never had a problem. Great scopes from the older Tasco, which I think was made in Japan.

...I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up they know that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got three Titans-2 in 1.5x6x42 and 13x9x42. 30mm tube and pretty heavy, very good optics, and they hold zero. Retical is in first focal plane. Over ten years of constant use and no problems. Just make sure it says Japan or Jopan on the tube. The Chicom Titans are absolute trash.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central PA | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450/400 Jeffrey's
posted Hide Post
Japan Titans are very, very good. They are big and heavy. The eye relief is minimal. I've god 300+rounds through a 9.3 X 62 without a hiccup. Three intercontinental airflights and no change of zero. I search Ebay for more. I see that they are becoming a cult scope.

Posts: 142 | Location: Dreaming of Luangwa | Registered: 23 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
buy them if you find them.
they are great.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Even the vx1 is better in every way.