Find
Notify
Tools

Custom Reticle
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of HTR30CAL
posted
does anyone know of a company that will install an aftermarket custom reticle in a scope. Premier used to but is there anybody else

i am wanting to have the reticle moved to the first focal plane as well as custom cross hairs but not drop compensating
the scope is a Leupold

there is room for all of God's creatures, right on my wall

Wyoming Wolves, Smoke A Pack A Day

Wolves, Government Sponsored Terrorists

If its hungry, send it a Berger

Posts: 44 | Location: Wyoming USA | Registered: 22 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13444 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DMCI*
posted Hide Post
Your question is too hard.

1. FFP and 2ndFP are fundamentally different scopes. Like saying you would like your western saddle mounted on a dolphin.

2. At least one manufacturer offers for a reasonable price a wide variety of FFP reticle designs and for a price ($$$) will allow you to specify your own design and they will name it after you.

3. Leupold offers a variety of reticle designs in 2FP and reportedly a few in 1FP. Check with their custom dept.

4. Consider knobs of same units as reticle. This allows you to measure displacement or estimate same and crank values directly into the scope without complicated conversions.

Not an easy subject as I said previously.

--------------------

EGO sum bastard ut does frendo

Posts: 2821 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote