New
Find
Notify
Tools

Geovid battery life?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
For you guys that own the Leica BRF Geovids, how long does your battery typically last under normal conditions? Can you generally make it through a season on one battery?

What kind of real world ranges can get off deer sized animals?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1927 | Location: Oregon Coast | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got several 'roo shooting trips and a safari with Mike Kibble in Namibia, out of the original battery in my 10x42's.

And you tend to use it more than a normal range finder as you "lase" while glassing.

On 'roos we got accurate readings out to a 1000+ yards, consistently.

Posts: 4011 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Hey Buster

Just got mine the about 2 months ago so I don't have an answer for you on the battery life.

The farthest I have actually ranged deer is 675 yards. I have ranged tree lines and other solid surfaces to 1000 yards. It is always easier for me to range a larger object next to the animal like a cedar tree or something then to try to range an animal. A deer is very small at 1000 yards.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with mime for 2 years and I am still on the original battery.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, it's good to know it'll last a while.

Posts: 1927 | Location: Oregon Coast | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an original Geovid that is on its second battery. I bought it in 1993 and haven't changed the battery in over 10 years.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote