New
Find
Notify
Tools

Schmidt & Bender 3-18x42
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone on AR used the S&B 3-18x42 Meta scope and have meaningful feedback on it? Especially the BDC II LT/Posicon CT model. I'm considering one and would like to hear the good, bad and ugly if that experience is available.

Posts: 1239 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
The ugly is probably that a scope of that power will have a big objective and a lot sticking out front of the mounts. This means that any bump is more likely to either bend the scope or just knock it out of alignment.

The good news might be that if it has a 30mm tube, the tube walls are probably thicker, giving more strength against bending.

Posts: 4952 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The lack of a Hubble sized objective is one of the reasons I'm interested oil this particular scope. 42mm is much more to my liking that the 50mm and 56mm objective lenses that are commonplace on the latest offerings from most manufactures. Especially the Euro companies.

Posts: 1239 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidReed:
Has anyone on AR used the S&B 3-18x42 Meta scope and have meaningful feedback on it? Especially the BDC II LT/Posicon CT model. I'm considering one and would like to hear the good, bad and ugly if that experience is available.

Yes, I have one on a 30-06 Ackley. It is a very nice scope. I have the BDC turret. It is decent.

Posts: 388 | Location: Limpopo, South Africa | Registered: 13 November 2008Reply With Quote